VP of Accounting
Company: EAH Housing
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 8, 2022
This position is for a VP of Accounting to work at EAH Corporate
located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or a related field; or
equivalent combination of education and experience; CPA preferred.
5 years of high-level accounting experience, preferably in a
non-profit affordable housing environment. Minimum of 2 years of
management experience. COMPANY OVERVIEW Established in 1968, EAH
Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing
development and management organizations in the western United
States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more
than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai'i, and plays
a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy
efforts. EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as
our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87
municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits,
professional development, and invest in our employees through
extensive training programs. Please visit our to learn more about
us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in
everything we do. For immediate consideration, please apply to
VPACC002686 on our website at POSITION OVERVIEW Oversees the
coordination of financial audits and tax returns for properties in
the Real Estate Management Department's portfolio, EAH properties
in development, EAH and EAH entities including LLCs and Incs.
Implements effective accounting strategies, policies, and
procedures for all EAH financial activities. Reviews procedures,
agreements, and contracts to ensure that all financial reports are
reflected and reported accurately. Provides oversight of REM
financial planning and budget management functions,
development/predevelopment and EAH corporate administration.
Ensures company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted
accounting principles. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, and implements effective accounting
strategies, policies, and procedures for all financial
- Reviews agreements, contracts, and documents to ensure that all
financial reports are reflected and report accurately. Provides
financial analyses as needed.
- Recommends and implements appropriate internal systems to
support financial and business operations consistent with the
company's growth and reporting requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation;
establishes, develops, and /or recommends economic objectives and
policies to management
- Assists senior management in developing short and long-term
goals and objectives for the corporation.
- Contributes to company's short- and long-range planning,
identifying areas of possible growth, and expansion.
- Ensures that policies are in accordance with evolving
regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Establishes and implements procedures for RED and REM
- Coordinates/reviews financial audits and tax returns to provide
recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Oversees monitoring and analysis of monthly predevelopment,
construction, and operating results against budget.
- Oversees preparation of financial outlooks and financial
- Oversees methods to create efficiencies between RED / RED
Accounting and RED /REM departments.
- Coordinates preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts
- Analyzes operating results against budget for properties,
predevelopment, development and EAH administration.
- Identifies and recommends methods to create efficiencies
between REM accounting and other departments.
- Supports and review procedures for opportunities for
- Oversees with year-end work preparation for audit scheduled
required by outside auditors.
- Attends all mandatory trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH's Injury and Illness Prevention
- Regular and predictable attendance. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises Controllers and Accounting
Manager and other Accounting staff. Hires, trains, supervises,
motivates, and develops staff; assures staff conforms to
organizational policies and procedures and government regulations;
provides minimal day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates;
actively works to promote and recognize performance; ensures
department performance appraisals are completed effectively and as
scheduled. QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's Degree in Finance or
Accounting. 5 -7 years of related experience in a non-profit
affordable housing environment (HUD and Tax Credit accounting). 2
years of experience directly supervising staff. DESIRABLE
- Master's in finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
REQUIREMENTS EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all
candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have
receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our
criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain
roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If
onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household
members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the
candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant
screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and
fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with
EAH. COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT EAH requires that all new
hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully
vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their
vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with
a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that
they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after
an offer has been extended. BENEFITS We offer a comprehensive
benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability
and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with
company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday
schedule and work schedule flexibility. EAH Housing is an
AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 - HI
- Oversee all finance/accounting functions
- Oversee accounting and financial analysis
- Oversee financial planning and analysis, budgeting and
reporting, finance operations, and accounting
- Oversee the finance operations department and other finance
- Perform financial reporting and sales tax functions
- Oversee all daily financial and accounting operations
- Develop finance and business operations staff
- Maintain financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Train and develop accounting and finance teams
- Develop financial forecasting and budgeting
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting
- Provide training to the finance organization to new finance
- Manage the accounting & finance activities of the
- Oversee all accounting and financial activities of the
organization and lead the accounting and financial team
- Manage the accounting& finance activities of the
- Providing financial leadership in support of the company's
- Coordinate financial planning and budget management
- Enhance overall accounting operations and procedures of
- Provide monthly financial reporting to constituencies
- Prepare all financial analysis of operations
Keywords: EAH Housing, San Rafael , VP of Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!