Head of Finance Operations
Company: Koniku Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Head of Finance Operations will be the first full-time
accounting hire at Koniku and report directly to the CEO or COO
until the CFO role is filled. This role will be responsible for a
majority of accounting functions including building out budgeting
and reporting processes, establishing strong internal controls, and
executing timely and accurate monthly close and reporting systems,
as the company rapidly expands the client base with new accounts.
We're searching for a candidate with solid bookkeeping and
accounting experience but is also open to diving into other
non-accounting projects as they arise. The ideal candidate is a
self-starter who will continuously improve upon the processes
however feel comfortable recommending and instituting new, more
effective policies that become visible as needed as we scale. -
Why it Matters This role represents a significant growth
opportunity for a highly-motivated, analytical individual to be
involved in the building out of a vital department within the
company, post the completion of our Series A funding round. This
round and the to-be deployed capital, represent a very notable
growth period for Koniku and this team member will be instrumental
in ensuring the appropriate accounting and financial processes are
in place and efficiently managed. -
- Lead accounting operations including bookkeeping, billing, A/R,
A/P, GL, and purchase orders.
- Leadership role in tying the critical point of mission to
metrics, metrics to cost/value. Eventually, we expect the financial
controller to lead the monitoring/execution of vision/mission to
cash burn on day to day basis.
- Develop financial reporting processes including timely monthly,
quarterly, year-end close processes and the preparation of internal
and external financial statements such as income statements,
balance sheet statements, cash-flow statements, etc.
- Record, track and process all accruals, payment schedules, and
other monthly transactions.
- Establish accounting standards, controls, and procedures and
maintain a chart of accounts.
- Manage strong internal controls, create effective business
processes and systems.
- Provide financial updates by evaluating, analyzing, and
reporting appropriate data points.
- Manage team payroll and expense reporting.
- Manage of leases, contracts, consulting agreements, financing
arrangements, licensing, and other subscription based
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and
- Calculate and pay quarterly taxes and state sales taxes /
ensure compliance with tax laws.
- Create and implement new accounting policies and
- Develop financial metrics to increase the accuracy and
efficiency of the business.
- Recommend and pro-actively implement integrated accounting
- Support ad hoc department projects to establish, monitor and
define routing processes.
- Act as a hands-on partner to the revenue group for business
planning, financial forecasting, budgets and management reporting
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Five years of experience as a Senior Accountant or two years as
- Excellent technical knowledge of GAAP, SEC rules and
regulations, including revenue recognition, cost accounting, and
- Strong experience in cost/inventory accounting and revenue
recognition and/or SAAS accounting and revenue recognition.
- Willingness to branch out and spend time on non-accounting
projects, such as FP&A, operations and/or inventory
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably Arena; and Excel,
Google Suite, & Quickbooks proficiency.
- Experience of accounting for consolidations, other business
combinations, in addition to international and multi-currency
- Experience supporting external and internal audits, due
diligence, as well as tax matters.
- Coordinate with external accounting firms and bookkeepers, as
- Excellent knowledge in assessing, developing, and implementing
- Experience with direct-to-consumer or B2B subscription
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to
communicate complex concepts and risk factors to stakeholders and
influence decision making.
- Salary range $150,000 - $220,000 per year (depending on
qualification and justified ability to deliver on exact
- Generous sign on bonus and performance-based grants.
- Opportunity to participate in the company's employee equity
- Employer-sponsored 401K plan with 4% matching. -
- Generous health, life, dental and vision insurance.
Keywords: Koniku Inc., San Rafael , Head of Finance Operations, Accounting, Auditing , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!