Administrative Specialist IV
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 11, 2020
Under limited supervision, supports the head of a department by
providing advanced level administrative support and general office
duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature.
Communicates with contacts at all levels in and outside of the
organization. Typically reports to a director.Essential
- Organizes and expedites flow of work for the department
manager's office and the department in accordance to the manager's
method of operation. Schedules appointments and makes arrangements
for meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Provides routine to moderately complex administrative support
for the operations and procedures of the department. Prepares
special reports that require gathering, comparing and summarizing
data. Organizes and maintains files, correspondence and records.
Handles and frequently accesses highly confidential and sensitive
information. Initiates any follow-up action.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors.
Answers routine questions and provides information related to
general department operations, policies and procedures using
discretion for matters pertaining to confidential or sensitive
information. Determines when to appropriately refer inquiries,
requests or issues to managers or department staff members and
follows up to ensure resolution on behalf of manager or
- Organizes and prepares routine correspondence for the
department manager, as well as complex documents including reports,
spreadsheets, presentations and various forms of communications
documents requiring the integration of multiple office technology
and software applications. May act as the department's office
resource for word processing and spreadsheet application.
- Assists with tracking the department budget. Tracks and
compiles expenses. Prepares monthly expense reports. May address
issues to department manager.
- Performs other related duties following standard office
routine, practices and procedures or instructions.Basic
- Minimum five (5) years of experience performing administrative
support functions for department managers.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in coordinating and
providing support to large complex projects.Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- N/AAdditional Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Outlook.
- Demonstrate oral & written communication skills.
- Advanced level proficiency with MS Word, and intermediate level
proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel or Access (required only if
applicable to department's needs).
- Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership
- Bachelor's degree preferred.Notes:
- This position will include PS3 scheduling, processing TIME and
additional duties as listed in the job description.
- This position may include working at any of our facilities in
the Marin/Sonoma service area.
- Mondays 9 am-3 pm
- Tuesday-Friday 9 am-2 pmKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Administrative Specialist
IVLOCATION: San Rafael, CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 854727External hires
must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with
arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment
in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws,
including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Rafael , Administrative Specialist IV, Administration, Clerical , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!