Monitor Technician - Grade 270
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 11, 2022
As a member of a patient care team, and under the direction of
the Registered Nurse, The Monitor Technician is primarily
responsible for the observation, interpretation and monitoring of
displayed cardiac rhythms. The Monitor Technician is responsible
for reporting promptly and accurately any deviations from baseline.
- Monitors cardiac rhythms accurately.
- Remains present at monitor except for breaks or when coverage
- Observes and reports deviations in rhythms from baseline
promptly to the appropriate RN.
- Assists in identifying patient problems with Telemetry
- Reports and records data to the Registered Nurse.
- Mounts monitor strips on documentation flow sheet for review by
- Assists in identifying supplies and equipment needed for
- Performs other related Monitor Technician duties as
- Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Six (6) months experience required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.Education
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have successfully completed a course acceptable to the
Employer in EKG interpretation.License, Certification,
- BLS required. Additional Requirements:
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be fully capable of detecting and differentiating abnormal
cardiac rhythms as evidenced by a passing score on a cardiac
monitoring/EKG test standardized by the Employer which will be
taken on site in computerized format.
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
- Clerical experience preferred.
- Cardiac monitoring/EKG certificate preferred
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, San Rafael , Monitor Technician - Grade 270, Education / Teaching , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!