Teacher & Admin Position Opening
Company: Miss Nicky's Preschool & Toddler Center
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: December 2, 2018
Miss Nicky's Preschool
360 Nova Albion Way
San Rafael 94903
Miss Nicky's Preschool was established in 2011 and has grown exponentially. We are located in beautiful San Rafael. Miss Nicky's Preschool is a private year-round school with two lovely 1300 sq. ft. classrooms that are age specific. We are looking for a fun and energetic team member that has experience working with children between the ages of two and six. This position will allow you to work with children in a happy and healthy environment that supports student and teacher growth. We currently have a wonderful group of teachers and would like to welcome an additional teacher that works well with others, is a team player, who is organized and clean, creative and open minded and has patience and a loving personality. WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay with opportunities for increases & bonuses (we are one of the highest in the area)
- Ample paid closed days throughout the year (5 weeks +a year on top of national holidays)
- Accrued PTO (higher then state requirements)
- Supportive amount of development days
- School sponsored state required training's and seminars (CPR, First Aide, Mandated Reporting etc.)
- Resources and support: teachers have access to a number of resources and materials that they need to ensure that our program is successful
- Career opportunities: There is room for professional growth
- Monthly material budget for classroom supplies and/or needs
- Amazing on-site administration support
- Staff yearly educational bonuses
- Ample planning time
- A clean, caring and organized place to teach and learn with amazing coworkers ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
- Updated resume
- Finger printing (or willing to complete through LiveScan- school reimburses after one year)
- Clean criminal record
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with children
- Have a reliable form of transportation
- Provide required immunizations/TB test
- A valid driver's license
- A valid Social Security number
- Official transcripts (must have at least 12 CORE ECE units)
- First Aid/CPR certified (or willing to complete- school reimburses after one year an covers all costs moving forward) OPEN POSITIONS:
- Head Teacher: We have an open position in both our 2-3 year old classroom as well as our 4-5 year old classroom. Candidates would work in a creative and organized classroom where we focus on art, social & emotional growth and much more. This is a wonderful position that allows the teacher to create their own art curriculum as well as have the one on one support from the onsite Director. This position is a full-time position. Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
--- Interactions with children must reflect respect, compassion and a willingness to gently guide the child.
--- Plan, implement, reflect upon and document developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and the philosophy of the school.
--- Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, individual style and stage of development; and to the class as a group. Help each child to become aware of his/her role as a member of the group, while reinforcing positive self-esteem, as well as consciously promoting a diverse and anti-bias atmosphere.
--- Intentional, ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and appropriate learning environment of the classroom and play yard.
--- Keep records on each child, to include monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
--- Document each child's learning experiences and developmental growth and use the documentation to guide in planning the curriculum.
--- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children insuring they are under supervision at all times.
--- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
--- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
--- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
--- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third-party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
--- Communicate with parents and caretakers formally through scheduled parent-teacher conferences, quarterly newsletter and observations.
--- Understand and articulate the philosophy of the school.
--- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
--- Act as a model for assistant teachers and mentor their training and development.
--- Communicate clearly and appropriately with colleagues at all times.
--- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
--- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
--- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Teacher's Aide: Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers will include, but will not be limited to:
--- Providing physical and emotional care for children, including diapering and/or changing, meals, naptime, and meeting needs as appropriate;
--- Maintaining an appropriate learning environment, both indoors and outdoors;
--- Respectful and compassionate Interactions with the children;
--- Providing supervision of children, both indoors and outdoors;
--- A willingness to assist teachers with children and other classroom housekeeping duties;
--- Understanding the philosophy of the school and approach to curriculum;
--- Maintaining professional standards and conduct at all times;
--- Respecting confidentiality of school-related information; and,
--- Performing other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Administration Assistant: Responsibilities to be shared with Director, but will not be limited to:
--- Event coordinating, planning, organizing and follow up
--- Assistance with all classrooms: substitution
--- Scheduling tours, providing tours to prospective families and following up
--- Enrollment of new families
--- Maintaining school expectations and goals
--- Maintain a healthy relationship with administration, school staff and families
--- Ensure school vendors run smoothly
--- Assist Director with all necessary tasks * All position schedules & wages can be discussed during interview *
We are currently interviewing so if you are interested and feel that you are a good fit please contact Nicky Fletcher phone .
Thank you for your interest. Welcome to Miss Nicky's Preschool website. We are so happy that you have shown interest in our school and we look forward to providing all the information you need to make the best choice for your family. It is a privilege that you allow us to share in the development and education of your little ones. Our goal at Miss Nicky's Preschool is to create a program that highlights each child's individuality and allow them to flourish and grow in a happy, healthy and fun environment. There is so much learning and play in store for your preschooler. Every quarter, you will be emailed a newsletter and curriculum calendar filled with reminders, thank you announcements, fundraising ideas, individual class updates and much more. On top of all the fun our teachers have planned, we also have extracurricular programs that visit us throughout the week. Such programs are Jelly Jam Time, Soccer Shots, Gymnastics Bus, Amazing Athletes and Marin Dance Theater. If you are interested please see the Director for additional information as well as a registration form.
Keywords: Miss Nicky's Preschool & Toddler Center, San Rafael , Teacher & Admin Position Opening, Education / Teaching , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!