Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Ojjo, Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Summary:As a member of the Product Development team, you
will be collaborating and working alongside experienced engineers,
technicians, and various subject matter experts to shape the next
generation of Ojjo unique solar ground mount hardware and precision
mobile installation products. The successful candidate will use
their creativity as an innovator and apply previous product
development and engineering experience to create and develop
solutions for our customers while supporting our Mission of
"accelerating the world's transition to solar energy by
dramatically reducing foundation materials, labor, and costs." This
integral role will be responsible for the entire Product
Development life cycle, from ideation, problem resolution and
product definition through high volume manufacturing and
commercialization. Ideal candidates will be as comfortable in the
lab, design shop, and field as they would be in the office.
- Work with Ojjo's creative team to develop and drive design
concepts through the entire Product Development life cycle
- Design, engineer, and develop components for ground mount solar
systems and utilizing knowledge and experience for
manufacturability and automation
- Develop prototypes and partner directly with Ojjo's onsite
internal machine shop team and external vendors during the R&D
- Use design tools such as FEA, FMEA, and DFx to guide design
decisions while utilizing your collaborative approach to generate
ideas driving problem resolution amongst the team and
- Create product requirements and specifications, including
development of detailed CAD models and drawings (in SolidWorks),
while providing subject matter expertise
- Work closely with Applications Engineering and Test Engineering
to integrate installation issues and customer feedback into design
development with the shared goal of ensuring customer satisfaction
and company profitability
- Evaluate manufacturability, cost issues, and other criteria
with suppliers and Manufacturing and working closely to ensure
components meet necessary requirements and level of quality
expected for our products.
Requirements:Experience & Education:
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related
- 5+ years of direct experience designing products from concept
to manufacturing and commercialization. Previous utility scale
solar experience, or construction preferred (this is not an entry
- Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes, such as
progressive die stamping, roll forming, aluminum extrusion, die
casting, investment casting, welding, and injection molding
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred),
prototyping, machining and other common shop tools
Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-Driven, self-motivated, and problem resolution driven
- Ability to work within a project timeline/deadline environment
while maintaining a high level of quality in the development of
- Ability to take on responsibility and manage multiple projects
- Previous experience utilizing strong judgement and able to make
- The ability to generate new ideas and follow through to
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including
previous experience utilizing your presentation skills to
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to bring excitement
and enthusiasm in the work we do
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to visit suppliers and
job sites in the US and international locations
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Team environment that prioritizes collaboration, communication,
and support for each other.
- Training & development opportunities to continue your growth
- Eligibility to receive equity in the company
- Career path opportunities for top performers
- Becoming a part of the clean energy and solar movement
alongside pioneers in the industry.
About Us:Ojjo is revolutionizing solar energy through innovative
foundation technology and is creating new opportunities for
lowering clean energy costs. Our patented approach to utility-scale
foundations combines novel hardware with an automated drilling
machine, unlocking millions in value for the solar industry.
As a company, we value and work towards ensuring an equitable and
inclusive workplace, so every team member is provided an
opportunity to contribute at all levels of our organization.
Celebrating diversity and the individual difference of each person
is paramount to what we believe.
Ojjo Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
disability, or veteran status.
If you're highly motivated and purpose-driven, come join our
stellar team today!
Keywords: Ojjo, Inc., San Rafael , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!