Vehicle Test Engineer
Company: Damon Motorcycles
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Damon MotorsDamon is an award-winning
electric motorcycle manufacturer founded in 2017 by serial
entrepreneurs & avid motorcyclists, Jay Giraud and Dom Kwong. Damon
is dedicated to building the future of motorcycling. Our vision is
one of smarter, safer, more exhilarating, and more personal riding
experiences.Designed for performance, every Damon motorcycle is
powered by HyperDrive™, the world's first all-electric
multi-variant powertrain platform. Additionally, they are fitted
with our proprietary on-the-fly adjustable ergonomics technology,
Shift™, and 360° Advanced Warning System for Motorcycles (AWSM™).
We're the first to use deep technology & AI, so that with every
ride a Damon bike evolves to more tightly understand the rider. We
are looking to add a Test Engineer – Vehicle to the Damon team - if
you are ready to push beyond the limits & do your best work - we
want to hear from YOU!Position DescriptionAs the Test Engineer –
Vehicle, you will be responsible for for carrying out vehicle level
validation activities, developing design verification procedures
and supporting product development from concept through to
production launch.. Duties and Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
- Collaborate with function groups on design concepts, design
reviews, DFMEA's and DVP requirements.
- Work with function groups to understand and set test
requirements and targets for system and vehicle level verification
- Establish and maintain design verification test procedures to
support development at each vehicle build phase.
- Identify individual instrumentation requirements and additional
test equipment required to complete DVP test activities.
- Log and maintain test equipment ensuring correct and up to date
- Support component level validation activities where
- Maintain vehicle testing schedule ensuring the vehicles are
well maintained, clean and fit for testing.
- Ensure vehicles are equipped with the correct instrumentation
for the relevant DVP activity.
- Form and maintain relationships with suppliers and proving
- Analysis of validation test data, preparation of testing
reports, timely and effective communication of test results to
function groups and management.
- Prepare short term plans, statements of work and budgets for
- Support any other activities as directed by management.Position
- Degree in mechanical/automotive or mechatronics preferred.
- 4+ years' experience with product validation.
- Familiarity with CANbus and EtherCAT communication protocols
supporting data acquisition set-up.
- Previous experience working with Vector tools and software
considered an asset.
- Knowledge of industry test processes.
- Knowledge of homologation or regulatory requirements for the
motorcycle industry considered an asset.
- Knowledge of SAE/ISO standards to support test plan
- Python/C/C++/ MatLab skills considered an asset.
- Knowledge of CAD systems (Catia/Solidworks) considered an
- Collaborative team player.
- Excellent English communication skills required, both verbal
- Motorcycle license considered an asset but not required.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours to ensure development
activities are carried out as and when required.
- Flexible approach to travel within the Canada, US and
- Highly organized, methodical with excellent attention to
- Able to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation,
flexibility and initiative.
- Strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
- Travel may be required. Benefits
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Travel Benefits
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Optional Motorcycle Riding school
- Supportive work environment
- Training & Development Program To apply, please complete an
application via our website https://damon.com/careers & click on
View Open Roles, select the role you wish to apply for & then click
on Apply for this Job. We thank all applicants for their interest,
however only those candidates selected for interviews will be
Keywords: Damon Motorcycles, San Rafael , Vehicle Test Engineer, Engineering , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!