Company: Ojjo, Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Mechanical EngineerDepartment: MachinesReports To:
VP, MachinesLocation: San Rafael, CA
The Ojjo Mechanical Engineer (Machines) is responsible for
developing both static and moving components and systems for Ojjo's
unique solar Truss Driver mobile installation machine. The job
encompasses the entire machine life cycle, including conceptual
development, detailed design, fabrication and test of prototypes,
fabrication and test of production units, field testing, and
maintenance. Ideal candidates will be as comfortable in the
lab/shop/field as they are at their office desks.
- Responsible for design of parts and systems to increase the
throughput and reliability of our Truss Driver machines
- Work with a cross-functional team to define requirements for
- Develop concepts of various ways of implementing a particular
function, then down-select to a preferred implementation
- Design and fabricate prototypes, test, and refine; including
working with internal machine shop and external vendors
- Design production parts
- Work with procurement to build production units
- Improve the reliability and maintainability of parts as field
use reveals weaknesses
- Use design tools such as FEA, FMEA, and DFx to guide design
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings (in SolidWorks)
- Work hands-on in electrical and mechanical domains
- Requires interacting with people in all areas of the company,
including design engineers, field engineers, construction
Experience and Education
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related
- MS Mechanical Engineering desirable
- 2+ years of mechanical design experience (this is not an entry
- Construction experience desirable
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Fluent in English
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-Driven, self-motivated, and thrives under tight
- Ability to take on responsibility and manage multiple projects
- Excellent judgement and able to make responsible decisions
- The ability to generate new ideas and follow through to
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation
- Excellent people skills and an enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management and
- Superior professionalism, judgement, and strong work ethic
- Be a teammate to a wide range of individuals in varied
- 6 weeks per year travel required, mostly in the western US
- Field work will typically be on a utility-scale solar site and
requires the ability to lift objects of up to 25 pounds and
occasionally climb on parts of a machine
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Team environment that prioritizes collaboration, communication,
and support for each other.
- Training & development opportunities to continue your growth
- Eligibility to receive equity in the company
- Career path opportunities for top performers
- Becoming a part of the clean energy and solar movement
alongside pioneers in the industry.
About Us:Ojjo is revolutionizing solar energy through innovative
foundation technology and is creating new opportunities for
lowering clean energy costs. Our patented approach to utility-scale
foundations combines novel hardware with an automated drilling
machine, unlocking millions in value for the solar industry.
As a company, we value and work towards ensuring an equitable and
inclusive workplace, so every team member is provided an
opportunity to contribute at all levels of our organization.
Celebrating diversity and the individual difference of each person
is paramount to what we believe.
Ojjo Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
disability, or veteran status.
If you're highly motivated and purpose-driven, come join our
stellar team today!
Keywords: Ojjo, Inc., San Rafael , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!