Company: Ojjo, Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Structural EngineerDepartment: Applications
Engineering & TestingReports To: Manager, Project Engineering
Location: San Rafael, CA (Hybrid Role)Job Purpose:The Structural
Engineer supports the overall activities associated with the
engineering design of potential and secured utility scale solar
projects. This position is responsible for developing the
conceptual designs of how Ojjo's products would be utilized for
utility scale projects and would also be involved with the early
stage site evaluation and diligence through the hand-off. This role
will also work very closely with the identified EPC and is a
customer-facing role.Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the conceptual design of a portfolio of PV projects with
the direction from the engineering manager.
- Prepare conceptual design layouts and single line
- Create design specifications and coordinate design handoff to
the EPC and/or customer.
- Manage the evolving project Site Constraints Plan from early
site diligence through EPC RFP, including a detailed knowledge of
all plottable title issues
- Execute site visits to assess land characteristics and identify
prioritization of diligence.
- Analyze data from land diligence studies (e.g. geotech, hydro,
surveying) to develop solutions and designs.
- Works cross-functionally with the Applications Engineering &
Testing teams, as well as the Product Development, Machines, and
Business Development functions.Job Qualifications:
- 4-year Engineering degree from an accredited educational
- B.S.in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- EIT certification a plus
- 4+ years of engineering experience with land development and/or
infrastructure project design
- Prior experience in the renewable energy industry preferred but
- Expert skills managing AutoCAD relating to construction
drawings (such as): o Multiple evolving survey and environmental
x'ref files o state plane coordinate systems, grid vs ground
coordinates o model vs paper-space, layer & linetype management,
version & quality control
- Experience interpreting survey and construction drawings
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience using Google Earth to investigate project sites
- Understanding of land development including civil site issues,
hydrology, easements and utility routing
- In-depth engineering experience with construction drawings for
land development and/or infrastructure projects
- Familiarity with L-Pile and Risa
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to
prioritize competing deadlines and a portfolio of projects
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills. Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities.
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility
for work products and team success.
- Extensive on-boarding, training, and guidance will be
- Experience reviewing construction cost estimates and schedules
- Up to 25% travel required.What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Team environment that prioritizes collaboration, communication,
and support for each other.
- Training & development opportunities to continue your growth
- Eligibility to receive equity in the company
- Career path opportunities for top performers
- Becoming a part of the clean energy and solar movement
alongside pioneers in the industryAbout Us:Ojjo is revolutionizing
solar energy through innovative foundation technology and is
creating new opportunities for lowering clean energy costs. Our
patented approach to utility-scale foundations combines novel
hardware with an automated drilling machine, unlocking millions in
value for the solar industry.As a company, we value and work
towards ensuring an equitable and inclusive workplace, so every
team member is provided an opportunity to contribute at all levels
of our organization. Celebrating diversity and the individual
difference of each person is paramount to what we believe.Ojjo Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are
considered for employment without regard to age, race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or
veteran status.If you're highly motivated and purpose-driven, come
join our stellar team today!
Keywords: Ojjo, Inc., San Rafael , Structural Engineer, Engineering , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!