Assistant Chief Engineer
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, plans,
directs, and coordinates Stationary Engineer activities concerned
with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of
equipment and machinery in medical center facility by performing
the following duties personally or through subordinates. Directs
monitors and assists Stationary Engineers in the completion of
their assigned tasks. Directly responsible for all plant
equipment/systems and documentation. Coordinates daily schedules to
ensure proper maintenance intervals and timely repairs of
- Reviews completed and open work orders and preventative
maintenance requests to ensure that the program is maintained
current and to date.
- Performs routine inspections of equipment and tasks performed
by Stationary Engineers to determine future needs, quality
assurance and productivity.
- Provides training and in-service programs for all engineering
staff to ensure safe and effective operation of all physical plant
equipment and compliance with applicable policies and
- Estimates time and materials needed in completing jobs.
- Orders and accounts for supplies, tools and materials to
properly and cost effectively perform all duties as required.
- Perform other related duties as necessary
- Supervisory Responsibilities:Manages Engineers in Plant
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training incumbents;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining incumbents; addressing complaints and
- Corporate Compliance Accountability: Consistently supports the
precepts of Corporate Compliance and Principles of Responsibility
by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the
organization, acting with integrity, reporting observed fraud and
abuse and complying with applicable state, federal and local laws
and program policies and procedures. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years experience in maintenance.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience and/or training.
- High School Diploma/GED. License, Certification,
- Driver's License (California)
- Universal Chlorofluorocarbons Certificate Additional
- Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
- Working knowledge of all trade classifications including:
electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and gardening.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents
of the organization.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Facility Services & Materials
Keywords: Kaiser, San Rafael , Assistant Chief Engineer, Engineering , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!