QA Engineer, UI Path
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Location: San Rafael, CA (or San Francisco, CA) -United StatesJob ID: 19WD32111
Position OverviewAre you looking for a high energy team where you can make a direct contribution to transforming IT into an Engineering organization? Are you looking to join a company with a vision to imagine, design, and create a better world?
We are responsible for delivering capabilities that support our evolving subscriptions business models. We ideate, plan, build and run the foundation for Autodesk's $2.5B business and must be able to scale with Autodesk's growth to $5B and beyond.
We are not a traditional IT organization, we build engineering platforms that integrate with our customer-facing products and serve our partner ecosystem. We focus on cloud and integration technologies, methods and architectures. In addition, we are transforming our culture and embracing an engineering focus with key engineering practices such as product management and quality, CI/CD, disciplined agile delivery, and technical debt management.
Autodesk is seeking a QA Engineer with experience in Automating Finance Applications and Reporting Toolsetsto join the Digital Business Platform (DBP) engineering team. This is an individual-contributor role with a high level of influence and responsibility.
The DBP teams are chartered with the Plan & Build phases of a wide portfolio of software and applications supporting Autodesk's business activities. With our business model transformation underway (moving from selling perpetual software licenses to cloud-based subscription services), we are making huge investments in Cloud Based Finance Toolsets, Big Data and Enterprise Data Management. As part of that, we have a need for a seasoned professional with deep proficiency in finance application technologies to help us build out our QA and CI/CD functionality. The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of QA processes in an Agile development environment. We're looking for an exceptional Lead QA Engineer to define best practice processes across 9 engineering teams helping us move to automated testing of our platform services and applications as well as the integrations with downstream service consumers.
- Complete all automated testing for specific features and functionality including, library development, interactions with 3rd parties, and automation scripting
- Develop and maintain automation tests and frameworks
- Ensure proper test coverage and testability within development sprints
- Drive QA alignment with individual QA resources embedded within the teams
- Escalate defect reports and critical issues
- Work closely with embedded QA resources and the technical project managers to prioritize defect resolution across teams as needed
- BS or MS - in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer, preferably at an enterprise SaaS organization
- Minimum of 2 years of experience testing IT and systems applications
- Experience with UI Path RPA Tool is mandatory.
- Functional knowledge of SAP and Finance systems.
- Experience in Selenium and Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of a full tech stack and strong debugging skills
- Experience with testing ETLs
- Experience in REST API, testing both automated and manual
- Experience with testing SOA and microservices applications
- Experience in writing scripts or programs to analyze/validate large data sets
- Proficient in QA methodology and process (Agile testing experience preferred)
- Proficient in SQL: query, inserts and updates
- Strong communication skills: must be able communicate with other functional teams to coordinate systems integration testing requirements
- Ability to convert complex business, technical requirements, use cases, and user stories to test cases and test plans
- Hands-on experience with defect management tools such as Jira
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams and remote employees a plus
- Technical fluency; understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
As The Ideal CandidateYou understand your job is to sometimes stay out of the wayYou have a passion for being a mentor and a teacherYou have a sense of humor and don't take yourself too seriouslyYou take risks and can make quick decisionsYou can take vague requirements, clarify and drive them to executionYou have a passion for continuous integration and continuous delivery
A Glimpse Of What We OfferCool technology & people to work withGrowth experience in a cutting edge, global product software company recognized internationally as a leader in Design & InnovationOpen space office conceptFlexible working hoursOutstanding benefits packageNon-profit donation matching through our foundationFree coffee and tea barAccess to tutorials and training
Life at AutodeskInnovative. Rewarding. Respectful.
Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all quali---ed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category. Autodesk will consider for employment all applicants with criminal histories consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and any other state, federal or local law.
Keywords: Autodesk, San Rafael , QA Engineer, UI Path, Engineering , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!