Executive Director, Strategic Risk Management
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Executive Director, Strategic Risk Management, SSCP BioMarin is
the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful
advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening
rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective
therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of
whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult
to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any,
treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing
therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin's Research & Development group is responsible for
everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical
development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical
research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class
therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live
with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact
on patients' lives.
Reporting to the Group Vice President Worldwide Research and
Development (WWRD) Strategy, Scientific Collaborations and Policy,
the Executive Director, Strategic Risk Management will lead
internal efforts to critically assess program risks and
opportunities, and will develop and drive an approach that supports
continuous strategic risk and opportunity assessment and management
to support decision making.--
- Develop a framework to ensure continuous and thoughtful risk
and opportunity assessment across programs
- Define Expert Advisory Council (EAC) needs across portfolio
based on business priorities, and lead strategy development for
- Ensure activities and outputs are targeted, and impactful to
support strategic decision-making through the lifecycle of the
- Plan EACs including cross functional meetings to generate
content and align on key objectives
- Lead cross-functional risk and opportunity assessments ensuring
focus on the most important issues impacting WWRD strategy and key
- Assess EAC feedback and learnings and define critical next
steps for socialization and assessment through governance, as well
as impact to business priorities and resources
- Create and manage WWRD Continuous Risk Management (CRM)
platform across programs ensuring risks are continuously
highlighted assessed and actionized
- Ensure appropriate sharing of learnings with executive
leadership, cross functional stakeholders including internally in
- Maintain and manage a high caliber roster of experts ensuring
continued relationship development and appropriate and impactful
- Manage budget and lead and develop teamQualifications
- An advanced degree in a scientific discipline combined with
experience in research & development is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
- Proven experience in pharma R&D, related science
communication or public affairs is required.
- Current or past work experience in R&D is preferred.
- A confident yet agile personality, the ability to move fast is
- Ability to manage internal and external networks in a matrixed
environment is required.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of R&D processes and the
global landscape and key issues for biopharmaceutical science and
innovation is required.
- Strong experience in crisis/issues management and the ability
to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, global matrix
environment is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Be the first to receive
the latest updates at BioMarin as well as details on current
opportunities that match your preferences and interests. Sign up
below with your name, email address and your current region of
residence and discover your next opportunity!
- The list has BioMarin ranked #4 in America and #1 in the "Drug
& Biotechnology Industry" We are an equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable
accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a
position, email Applicant_accommodations@bmrn.com with your
This email address is not for general employment inquiries or
correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are
related to the accessibility of the online application system due
to a disability.
Keywords: BIOMARIN, San Rafael , Executive Director, Strategic Risk Management, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!