Director of Annual Giving, Direct Response
Company: Scion Staffing, Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Director of Annual Giving, Direct Response Location San Rafael,
CA 94915 Date Posted March 25, 2021 Job ID 7221 Employment Type
Retained Salary $150000 Scion Executive Search (
www.scionexecutivesearch.com ) has been retained to conduct the
search for a Director of Annual Giving & Direct Response at Guide
Dogs for the Blind (GDB) ( www.guidedogs.com ). This exciting
position reports to Interim Chief Program Officer and is based in
the San Francisco Bay Area. This role will be--based on-site,
roughly 4 days on-site and 1 day telecommuting per week, with the
potential to go full-time on-site when COVID restrictions are
lifted.--So, the candidate would need to be located within
commuting distance to GDB's office in San Rafael, CA. OVERALL
SUMMARY : The Director of Annual Giving--& Direct Response-- is
responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive
direct mail and digital fundraising program and for the management
of GDB's annual giving program including gift processing and
database administration. Reporting to the Interim Chief Program
Officer, the Director of Annual Giving--& Direct Response-- will
oversee a donation processing staff, a database administrator and
GDB's outside direct response vendor. This role will play an
integral role in GDB's development program by supervising a
comprehensive annual giving and direct response fundraising program
that will maximize annual support from GDB constituents and
supporters using best practices and various marketing channels.
ABOUT: Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB) Since 1942, Guide Dogs for
the Blind (GDB) has been creating partnerships between people,
dogs, and communities. With exceptional client services and a
robust network of instructors, puppy raisers, donors, and
volunteers, we prepare highly qualified guide dogs to serve and
empower individuals who are blind or visually impaired from
throughout the United States and Canada. All the services for our
clients are provided free of charge, including personalized
training and extensive post-graduation support, plus financial
assistance for veterinary care, if needed. Our work is made
possible by the generous support of our donors and volunteers; we
receive no government funding. MISSION STATEMENT: Guide Dogs for
the Blind empowers lives by creating exceptional partnerships
between people, dogs, and communities. POSITION ESSENTIAL
- Direct and manage strategy and execution of GDB's direct mail,
online solicitation, paid digital media and social media
- In collaboration with GDB's outside direct response vendor,
development staff and GDB's marketing team, develop and oversee the
communications associated with an annual giving direct response
fundraising program---i.e., conceptualize, write, edit, and manage
the production of the program.
- Design systems, schedules, segmentation plans, procedures, and
policies to implement the operational requirements of the direct
marketing program, including workflow, mailings, and research and
- Manage the acquisition of new donors and outside vendors.
- Develop and manage the annual budget plan for direct mail and
- Oversee the database administrator and manage systems and
software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our
donor database and wealth screening tools.
- Manage database maintenance, reporting, gift processing and
- Support, as needed, fundraising activity including cultivation,
solicitation, donor events, stewardship, and campaign
- Assist frontline fundraisers with donor research and reports as
- Utilize data to develop metrics for success, track progress,
recommend benchmarks, and develop reports for the Interim Chief
Program Officer and other senior executives.
- Serve as key operations strategist and work with key members of
GDB leadership to develop best practices in gift processing and
acknowledgment, funder reports and selected organizational
- Direct and manage the day-to-day work of the annual giving team
to support execution of development team goals and objectives.
- Serve as a key strategist in setting annual and multi-year
fundraising targets, annual revenue budgeting and monthly revenue
forecasting strategy for the fundraising team.
- Manage the interface between the development department and
accounting on the proper entry, management and tracking of
- Provide ongoing training to development staff as needed.
- Undertake other duties assigned. POSITION ESSENTIAL
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in managing an annual giving
program including a direct response program.
- Bachelor's and advanced degree preferred.
- Raiser's Edge experience required. Additional experience with
- Exceptional communication and relationship-management
Service oriented with strong client relationship skills.
- Proven ability to manage teams to success and outside
- Sound understanding and recognition of the role of direct
response fundraising to support development efforts.
- Proven ability to synthesize and analyze data to increase
efficiency and efficacy.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, to set and adjust
priorities, and work under pressure while maintaining composure and
a sense of humor.
- Experience in significant and/or successful fundraising
campaigns including capital campaigns and specialized annual giving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet
concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and to do so in
collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to GDB's value and behaviors. COMPENSATION
AND BENEFITS: For this role, GDB offers a competitive annual base
salary of $135-150k ++ based on experience plus a robust benefits
package that includes medical, dental, vision, a 403 (b) retirement
plan with employer match, and a generous paid time off program
including 11 paid holidays, 11 paid days off, 10 sick days, LOAs,
carpool, employee lunch program, employee assistance, employee
referral program, school visitation, tuition reimbursement,
wellness programs, dog friendly workplace, and service awards after
periods of service to the organization. HOW TO APPLY: Scion
Executive Search ( www.scionexecutivesearch.com ) has been retained
to lead this search. For immediate consideration please respond to
this posting with your resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter in
Word.docx or PDF format. ABOUT OUR FIRM: Scion Executive Search is
a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit
leadership to nonprofit organizations and educational institutions
across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide
expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our
executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts
at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your
organization's mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of
successful executive searches. GDB is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Scion Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employers and does
not discriminate based on race, age, religion, gender, gender
identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation,
disability, political affiliation, or belief. We are committed to
the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to
making employment decisions based on merit and value, for
ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we
represent. Apply For This Job
- First Name: *
- Last Name: *
- Email: *
- Phone: * 0 of 20 max characters
- Please Upload Your Resume: * Accepted file types: doc, docx,
pdf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx. Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf,
xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx.
- Upload Additional Information/Work Samples (Optional): Accepted
file types: doc, docx, pdf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx.
- Anything Else You Would Like to Share? We Staff And Recruit For
All U.S. Locations & Remote
Keywords: Scion Staffing, Inc., San Rafael , Director of Annual Giving, Direct Response, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!