DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Company: Integrated Community Services
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Director of Development - Integrated Community Services Home
About Services Get Involved Contact Donate Director of Development
Integrated Community Services August 20, 2021 Let's shake things up
together!We envision a world that is diverse and inclusive of us
all. To get there, we want to be a champion for interdependence,
demonstrating to our community that when we support and rely on
each other, everyone can thrive. Join us as we practice allyship
within ICS, support our clients as they grow in their self-advocacy
and increase the visibility of and opportunities for people with
disabilities. Director of Development Position DetailsAbout
- You're a disability advocate who wants to build an equitable
and inclusive world.
- You LOVE being a host/hostess and people love to come to your
- You are energized by social events. Getting to know people and
sharing stories you're passionate about on a Thursday evening
sounds like your kind of gig.
- Broad strokes, big-picture painter and detail-driven logistics
planner - you're the whole package! You can map out a plan AND see
it through, down to the last detail.
- If you notice something isn't being done, you immediately pick
up the slack.
- You can laugh it off when an event starts in an hour, the
elevator is broken and you have to carry 10 boxes up the stairs.
This is a full-time position, $90,000-$100,000/annually. Your
schedule will be relatively flexible in the M-F 7am-6pm window,
with about 20 hours per month spent at evening and weekend events.
Once our office reopens, this position will be a hybrid of remote
and in person work, with meetings and events held throughout the
Bay Area.EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Benefits paid by ICS total approximately $1,800/month for
- CaliforniaChoice health insurance, 100% paid for by employer
(able to add spouse or family member, paid for by employee)
- Unum dental insurance, 100% paid for by employer (able to add
spouse or family member, paid for by employee)
- Unum Life Insurance policy 100%, paid for by employer
- Expenses and gas mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick days, paid holidays, vacation PTO accrual, paid
- 401k and FSA plan enrollment, plus Employee Assistance Program
(EAP) available DUTIES While this position includes many standard
Director of Development responsibilities (donor engagement, fund
development, events), it's also very moldable. Our development team
is a two-man band made up of our Executive Director and Director of
Strategy. We're therefore an extremely supportive team with very
open lines of communication. Part of what you'll be doing is
helping us build out this team, so if something in this job
description isn't quite your jam, let's talk about it. Bring your
unique experience, talents and interests to this work. When you
shine, ICS shines. Events
- Throw memorable galas and fun parties that get our community
jazzed about ICS. From conceptualizing, to planning, to
coordinating, to hosting, you'll work with the development team to
ensure all of our events are a smashing success.
- Think through the guest experience. What will wow and delight
the people who share their time with us? Bring fresh ideas that
don't break the bank.
- Build relationships with our event steering committee members
and activate them to contribute to the event in their unique
- Reimagine what a nonprofit event could be. Check out one of our
events from earlier this year to get a sense of what we're about:
Disability + Pleasure Activism .
- Own the planning of internal events, from our annual client
picnic, to our staff retreat and holiday party.--Carry them out
with the support of our Administrative Coordinator.Stakeholder
- Own relationships with small and mid-size donors and funders.
Bring your warmth, hospitality and commitment to ICS' mission to
- Think creatively about fundraising campaigns, how to cultivate
new donors and how to increase donations throughout the year.
- Use Salesforce to track donations, identify donor trends and
develop a communications strategy that deepens relationships and
- Represent ICS at public speaking engagements throughout the
- One of our most important groups of stakeholders is our staff.
We're always looking for ways to elevate our game and attract and
retain top talent. Work with the development team to find ways to
delight staff and keep them engaged.Grant and Fund Development
- Prospect for new funding opportunities and develop
relationships with existing funders. Share opportunities with the
Director of Strategy, who writes the grants. Keep track of
deadlines, complete reports, and check in with relevant staff to
ensure deliverables are being met.
- Build a comprehensive fund development plan that builds off
ICS' existing revenue streams and is responsive to the changing
landscape of fundraising.Marketing and Social Media
- Develop a savvy marketing strategy that connects our community
(aka potential clients, donors, staff and board members) to our
- Take our Instagram and Facebook pages up a notch. Create
content and employ strategies that increase traffic and engagement.
Work with our clients and staff to gather photos, stories and
- Partner with film makers to create high-quality micro-docs like
Kat's Story .
- Partner with the Director of Strategy to develop marketing
- Experience in events, fund development, community engagement,
and/or nonprofit development required
- This position requires physical stamina and the ability to lift
30lbs, bend at the waist, kneel and squat. During major events,
12-hour work days where you will be on your feet and physically
active are common.
- Able to attend meetings and events throughout the Bay Area
(once things reopen)
- Strong computer skills, Gmail and MS Office required.
Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Valid California driver's license with proof of insurance
required, background check will be conductedWHAT'S NEXT?This job
includes a multi-phase interview process. First, you'll have a
phone screening with our Operations Manager. Next, you'll have a
follow-up chat with our Director of Strategy. The next stage is a
meeting with our Executive Director, Director of Strategy, a
program director and an ICS client. You'll then have a chance to
meet the entire director team. Next, meet up with our Executive
Director for coffee to check in on your interest in the role and
prepare for the final stage of the interview process. Finally,
you'll meet with the Executive Director, Director of Strategy and a
few board members to walk through some common scenarios of the
job.Apply FOR DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT Share Newer Post Employment
Specialist Older Post Administrative Coordinator Integrated
Community Services3020 Kerner Blvd. Suite A
San Rafael, CA 94901
Tax ID 68-0326851 2017 -- Integrated Community Services - All
Keywords: Integrated Community Services, San Rafael , DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!