Associate Brand Art Director - Lucasfilm Games
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Associate Brand Art Director teams up with the internal
Production Team and Licensees to support the visual and artistic
development across multiple licensed titles. You will provide
direction, guidance and feedback ensuring all of our games provide
interactive and immersive experiences that help extend the
narrative of the Star Wars galaxy for fans around the world. You
will report to the Brand Art Director.Responsibilities :
- Work with external game developers to guide a game's visual
progress from concept through to live service.
- Review game art and marketing materials and submission ensuring
content is on brand and high-quality.
- Establish high benchmarks and provide recommendations to
improve visual design and execution.
- Use paint-overs, mockups and draw-overs of characters and
environments to illustrate changes and improvements to game
- Maintain knowledge of the Lucasfilm brand (past and present)
across multiple media including: film, streaming, parks, publishing
- Respond to creative and quality issues; identify achievable
solutions delivering brand quality while meeting gameplay and
- Communicate with supervisor regarding goals, priorities and
individual project progress.
- Work with Lucasfilm groups including: Creative, Marketing and
- Research and identify creative new visual styles; provide
appropriate recommendations for new products and partners.
- Partner with Art Coordinator to pull reference applicable to
- Develop style guides and presentations for all IP; design and
develop for internal creative collateral for franchise business
development and brand guidelines.
- Attend screenings, conferences and summits; share relevant
insights and information with all teams.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to identify new
game experiences or opportunities.
- Meet with game developers to collaborate on specific project
requirements, progress and goals.Basic Qualifications :
- Portfolio or demo reel is required; creative ability test may
- 7+ years gaming experience on a mobile, console or pc product;
experience with new mediums AR and VR.
- 7+ years of experience working on branded licensed
- Open to direction; act on recommendations to achieve
- Passion and enthusiasm for the Star Wars and Lucasfilm heritage
brand; broad understanding of current and past Star Wars properties
across multiple lines of business including: theatrical, streaming,
parks, publishing and games.
- Experience with game development including: art creation
processes (both 2D and 3D), technology requirements and
advancements, trade-offs and challenges associated with
- Excellent knowledge of art and visual design principles and
techniques regarding character and environment design, rendering,
color and animation.
- Draftsmanship skills with the ability to draw and digitally
paint characters, environments and structures.
- Create graphics, layout banners, edit media and light 3d
- Creatively oversee and guide projects from beginning to end
with little assistance.
- Experience evaluating creative challenges and providing
credible and achievable solutions.
- Operate tactically to implement against a project's goals.
- Passionate about your work and committed to your discipline and
- Full-time work schedule with additional hours during product
launches and when working with international partners.
- Proficient and knowledgeable about Macs, PCs, game consoles and
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro or
equivalent editing media program.
- Experience with a 3D package (Maya, 3DS Max) and with game
engines (Unreal, Unity).Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experienceAdditional
Information : Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package
to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings
benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only
Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, San Rafael , Associate Brand Art Director - Lucasfilm Games, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!