Associate Director, WWRD Center of Excellence
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 13, 2022
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
kind. BioMarin's Research & Development group is responsible for
everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical
development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical
research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class
therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live
with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact
on patients' lives. As part of the COE Management team, the
Associate Director Technology Strategy Lead will oversee the
strategy, methodology, execution, and resources within the
Technology Strategy service area, while assisting the Head of COE
with departmental strategy and structure. - This role will
establish the framework, standards, and tools for technology
innovation, strategic planning, market assessment and benchmarking.
- In addition to above, they will manage and facilitate the WWRD
Technology -Strategy -Council.Key responsibilities may include some
or all of the following activities:Team Leadership
- Work with the Head of COE and COE management team on creating a
cohesive, balanced, and high-functioning team focused on producing
high quality and measurable deliverables and outcomes.
- As part of the COE Management team, oversee the strategy,
methodology, execution, and resources within the Technology
Strategy service area, while assisting the Head of COE with
departmental strategy and structure
- Partner with the Head of COE to plan, structure, develop and
grow COE function to support BioMarin WWRD strategies and
- Collaborate with COE team members to optimize resource
allocation based on WWRD Leadership Team and Governance
- Directly manage a team of up to 3 direct reports and multiple
levels. Mentor and guide COE Technology Strategy staff on BioMarin
- Assist the Head of COE in the management of COE departmental
budgets and long-range planning.Technology Strategy Leadership
- Promote and advocate for the importance of technology strategy
in WWRD and other parts of BioMarin.
- Provide vision and guidance for the establishment and
maintenance of a WWRD Technology Strategy.
- Manage the WWRD Technology -Strategy -Council (TSC) including
facilitation of the TSC, leadership of the Tech Strategy Core Team
(TSCT), communication, ownership of methodology, processes and
tools, and measurements of success.
- Lead, the development and management of the WWRD technology
strategy roadmap, execution plans investment plans and financial
planning. Ensure alignment of the roadmap and plans with the PPG,
WWRD LRPs and IM LRPs.
- Enable WWRD functions to understand their desired model of
growth by aligning core competencies to their long-range technology
- Partner or consult with teams and functions to conduct
technology analyses in order to identify technology opportunities,
gaps and develop actionable response strategies
- Conduct internal capability analysis in alignment with WWRD
- Determine areas of growth/opportunities that improve the
patient/site experience and calibrate current state technology
- Collaborate with WWRD, COE and IM to make recommendations on
technology investments based on benefits and best practices.
- Evaluate technology implementation or optimization projects
submitted to the Project Portfolio Governance (PPG) and consult
with business areas to refine the project business case in
preparation for PPG review and decision.
- Influence and negotiate to drive innovations that extend and
further BioMarin's existing capabilities.
- Lead efforts in building a knowledge base of formal technology
Implementation methodologies and tools through training,
consulting, and mentorship.
- Lead efforts to define, manage, analyze, and interpret Tech
Strategy goals & KPIs.
- Proactively research, learn, innovate, and apply industry best
practice technology strategy standards, techniques and tools
- Continually monitor the external landscape and socialize
changes in clinical development technology standards to WWRD
- Conduct Technology market assessments, benchmarking and
- Participate in cross industry consortiums and -forums with the
goal of learning and sharing industry best practices.
- Provide oversight and strategic planning for TS consultation,
skill development, and training of WWRD personnel.
- Act as a catalyst for change through active coaching on best
practices and industry trends.
- Own the continuous improvement of the COE Technology Strategy
ServiceProgram/Project Management & Consulting
- Ensure that programs and projects focused on technology
implementation and assessment are properly resourced and
prioritized and executed on time and with high quality output.
- Engage with sourcing and operational teams on technology market
research in the WWRD technology areas and provide technology
oversight during vendor selection processes.
- Ensure organizational -change readiness for technology
transformations, technology implementation and assessment programs
- As needed, manage more complex programs consisting of several
WWRD projects or large WWRD projects consisting of several
workstreams.Education & Experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience,
Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
- Preferred expertise in:
- BA or BS Degree preferred in Information Technology, Business,
Life Sciences, or Engineering
- Project & Program Management
- Certification in PMP, Agile, SDLC, and/or Lean Six Sigma is a
plus PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that
prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be
vaccinated for COVID-19. We are an equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: BIOMARIN, San Rafael , Associate Director, WWRD Center of Excellence, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!