Resident Programs Director
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Resident Programs Director Position Summary: Cogir is passionate
about improving lives and we need staff that feel the same! Are you
caring, innovative, committed, and excited to work? Well, this is
the job for you! The Program Director provides for an ongoing
program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the
comprehensive assessment, the interests, and the physical, mental,
and psychosocial well- being of each resident. The Resident
Programs Director serves as part of the management team to ensure
policies and procedures are understood, trained and implemented.
This position hires, trains and manages at least one and half
full-time associates to ensure all program expectations are in
place, may have oversight of the transportation department.Benefits
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on-call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training
- Free parking, meals, and a great team! Responsibilities of the
Resident Programs Director:
- Responsible for the direct oversight of the indoor and outdoor
activities, outings, group and religious programs centered about
the residents needs within the community, including a resident
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama,
educational programs, and exercise programs.
- Prepare a monthly calendar of activities written in large print
and posted in a prominent location that is visible to residents and
visitors and include monthly activity meetings.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers when appropriate.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document
- Obtain necessary equipment and supplies and provide for their
accessibility through organized storage.
- Work with marketing to assist with the planning of events to
promote the community.
- Participate with the administrator in developing a budget.
- Foster family and community support of the activity program (e.
g., through newsletters, networking, activities which bring family
members or members of the community into the facility, etc.
- Contribute to facility efforts to maintain and/or improve
quality of care through participation.
- Attend Care Plan meetings/ department head meetings.
- Attend mandatory in-services.
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events
outside of the community, which may include driving a company
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of effective problem resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to coordinate and conduct meetings.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and
- Other tasks or duties as assigned Qualifications: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in recreation, health education or
related field with one or more years of direct programming
experience with older adults preferred.About Cogir: COGIR
Management USA delivered the Happy Living brand by listening
attentively to the needs of American seniors, their families, and
our employees.Every Happy Living community is a unique and dynamic
place, shaped by the residents themselves and led by an empowered
on-site executive team. We promote local leadership so decisions
are made on-site, quickly, and in the best interests of the
community. We are proud of our teams. JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Cogir, San Rafael , Resident Programs Director, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!