Project Manager - Transportation
Company: BKF Engineers
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are hiring Project Managers in multiple of our offices!
BKF Engineers has an immediate opening for a civil engineering
Project Manager specializing in land development-specific projects.
The ideal candidate would have experience with managing projects,
client communication, staff and business development as well as be
able to plan, design and coordinate projects from beginning through
completion.As a Project Manager, you will represent BKF in all
regular communications with the client from initial effort, through
the entire course of agreement activity, and in post-agreement
marketing activities. Regular communication with assigned BKF
Principal(s) or Office Manager(s) is required and essential in
relation to project statuses and performances. You will be
responsible for managing the BKF project as a whole as well as all
of the details involved. Emphasis of civil engineering experience
and knowledge is expected to be in transportation geometric roadway
/highway design, grading, utilities, and drainage
- Maintain ongoing client relationships, pursue new professional
connections, and seek new project opportunities with new and
- Be required to prepare technical sections of project proposals,
and participate in interview presentations.
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and
controlling project team activities, including but not limited to;
reviewing and/or supervising technical aspects of work as well as
defining the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Have primary responsibility for quality control and be the
primary client contact for each project.
- Be responsible for setting goals, evaluating staff performance,
and serving as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff
- Be required to coordinate staff resources with other PM's and
Principals throughout the company.
- Participate in contract negotiations, approve client billing,
and secure contract amendments for changes to scope and fees.
- Be expected to meet or exceed group and individual performance
- Communicate project requirements to all team members.
- Commit resources of the firm issuing start and stop orders
relating to the project progress and clients directives within
- Provide input to group Principal regarding hiring, lay-offs and
promotion of immediate staff.Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience preferred
- B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET
Accredited Curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing
- Must have a Professional Engineering license in the State of
- Significant experience managing site development, design
projects involving residential and/or commercial subdivisions,
roadways and utility systems. Demonstrates capability to oversee
and manage staff of engineers.Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, end of year bonuses, profit sharing, and
- BKF pays 100% of the premiums for medical, dental, and vision
coverage and 50% for your dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health care and dependent
- Aflac supplemental insurance option, Life insurance, Long-term
- 14 days of paid vacation time, 6 paid sick days, 8 paid
- 3 days paid bereavement, 5 days paid jury duty, 5 days paid
- Flexible schedules
- Mental health services, Wellness program, Fitness
reimbursement, Gym discounts, Farm Fresh to You discounts
- Free office coffee, tea, fruit, bagels, and oatmeal
- Education reimbursement, Paid annual dues for professional and
- $5,000 salary increase for attaining P.E. or PLS
- Company-sponsored sports teams and clubs
- Annual Company Picnic for employees and their families, Casino
Themed Luncheon End of Year Celebration
- Employees also have access to BKF's corporate condo in Lake
Tahoe!What makes BKF a great choice?
- The chance to work on iconic West Coast projects
- Inclusive and engaging company culture
- Competitive salary
- Professional development, training and mentorship
- Company funded retirement plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee wellness program
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Flexible work policy and hybrid work schedule
- Amazing teams of supportive and hard-working
- "Top Work Place" 2014 - 2021 by the Bay Area News Group
- ZweigWhite "Best Firms to Work For" Top 100 in the U.S. 2014 -
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal
for 8 years
- ENR 2017 California's Design Firm of the YearBKF Engineers
provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for
architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and
universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels,
health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in
the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 15 California
offices and 1 Oregon office employing 450 staff. Our project
experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings,
healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts,
justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational
facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways,
bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.Redwood City. San
Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton . Sacramento .
Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland . Newport Beach .
Lathrop. Salinas. San Diego. San Luis Obispo . San Diego .
Keywords: BKF Engineers, San Rafael , Project Manager - Transportation, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!