Small Business Specialist, Assistant Vice President, Marin Region
Company: MUFG (DBA)
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients' best
interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to
understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're part
of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's
most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a
culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating
results is rewarded.
We're seeking a Small Business Specialist (SBS) who serves small
businesses with annual revenues up to $10 million, maximizing the
power of our company to provide comprehensive financial solutions.
The SBS is accountable for prospecting and acquiring new small
businesses, retaining and deepening existing relationships, and
handling a portfolio of around 500 - 1,000 households. A
significant portion of the SBS's time is acquiring new
relationships, focusing on deposit operating accounts, new lending
opportunities, merchant services and cash management.
This position may be required to work weekends and/or extended
hours as well as speak more than one language, depending upon
* Prospect, cold call, network and develop new business
opportunities within the small business banking community.
* 25-35% of the week may be spent outbound in networking
* Build and develop SB Deposit acquisitions, lending, and
additional SB solutions through deepening and leading existing SB
clients and sourcing new SB clients to UB.
* Knowledgeable in all MUFG Union Bank products and services.
Provide updates and maintenance as needed.
* Be the primary resource for Small Business clients, working with
key partners such as: Small Business, BBG, Private, Merchant and
Payroll partners to support SB relationships.
* Be the face of MUFG Union Bank in the Small Business community,
taking an appropriate leadership role through building key COI
relationships and presenting at associations and not-for-profits
that support small business development.
* Stay ahead of changing business trends that impact the Small
Business segments, translate those trends into business
* Proactively identify and minimize risk and enforce to all Bank
policy and operational guidelines
The right candidate will be/have:
* Passionate about outside sales, willing to spend a significant
amount of time prospecting both through outbound telephone calls
and networking activities.
* Prospecting new business, improving existing relationships and
meeting or exceeding sales goals.
* Excellent sales skills and client management experience
* Able to assess and analyze clients and industry trends.
* The ability to interpret financial documents and cash flow
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
* Per SAFE ACT requirements, this position is prohibited from
discussing / negotiating regarding mortgage lending
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work
* 3-5 years of consultative outside sales experience in financial
services, business to business sales, or small business
* Undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics preferred
OR minimum 7 yrs relevant work experience
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives
and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our
colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender
identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and
military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation,
genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that
individual's associates or relatives that is protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: MUFG (DBA), San Rafael , Small Business Specialist, Assistant Vice President, Marin Region, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!