DSD - Director of Staff Development
Company: Northgate PostAcute Care
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Candidate must be Infection Control Prevention Certified.Are you
inspired by helping people? So are we! -If you're looking to make
an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for
you!What We Offer: -
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full Time and Part Time) can
benefit from. -
- Pay is negotiable based on experience. -
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
- Apply now to learn more about our multiple incentive programs
available!Northgate -PostAcute Care -is a skilled nursing facility.
Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and
other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under
physician directed care and RN supervision.We focus on providing
care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or
requiring services in a hospital and who require primary,
restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or
custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a
degree of self-care in essential daily living.We service a
multitude of patients and their families across our vast network,
while remaining committed to the professional development of our
staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the
cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities. -What
We're Looking For:We are seeking to hire a self-motivated,
efficient, responsible -Licensed Vocational Nurse, to serve as
-Director of Staff Development and successfully manage day to day
operations. This a full-time position ideal for an enthusiastic
individual at a great organization, who is Infection Control
Prevention certified. -
As -Director of Staff Development, your primary purpose would be to
plan, direct, evaluate and coordinate educational programs to meet
state and federal requirements.What You'll Do:
- Provide the orientation, educational and learning opportunities
within a supportive environment.
- Assist personnel in gaining knowledge, skills and attitudes
necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties
involved in the care of residents.
- Responsible for scheduling CNA's, and will work closely with
the Director of Nursing monitoring the activities of nursing
personnel to ensure quality care that complies with state, federal
and facility standards.
- Direct the infection prevention and control program and its
- Executing physician orders. Provide nursing support, utilizing
the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient
- Communicate results of laboratory and other diagnostic testing
to the physician, and evaluating signs and symptoms indicating
physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's
- Ensure the care and safety of patients.
- Other Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and duties as
- Schedule: AM, PM, and NOC shifts/rotations available.What
- Previous experience nursing as an LVN and supervisory DSD
- Infection Control Prevention Certification.
- Current LVN license in the state of CA and certification as DSD
by California Department of Public Health.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.Northgate PostAcute
Care -is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to
Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status,
disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per
the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance. -
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Northgate PostAcute Care, San Rafael , DSD - Director of Staff Development, Executive , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...