Company: Phoenix American Inc
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Phoenix American is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. This position will be working directly with our Investment Administration Services group. We are an established leader in the industry handling full back office support for millions of investments and hundreds of funds. As a registered Transfer agent with the SEC we offer our clients full service Investment Administration including investor relation support in accordance with SEC rule 506(c) as well as Fund Accounting services
Full-time position with partial work from home opportunity to oversee all banking functions, including corporate accounts payable, daily deposit process, disbursement of funds for clients of multiple service platforms and foreign currency transactions. Also, handle communication with domestic and foreign banks for both internal and external clients. This position will manage a team of 3 in daily operations and will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of customer service on all processes. We are seeking a highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented person for the position willing to participate in the processes as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on supervision of accounts payable processes, including daily invoice processing, weekly check runs, month-end close to General Ledger and perform related reporting and reconciliations.
- Supervise and participate in daily communication with banks performing transactions on behalf of clients.
- Perform daily cash balance, activity and projection reporting, including reporting to senior management.
- Hands-on supervision of daily deposit processes, plus daily review of bank balances and reporting.
- Monitor departmental deadlines and liaison with other departments to ensure timely submission of payment requests.
- Manage and perform annual processing of corporate IRS Form 1099s to applicable vendors and ensure compliance to regulations.
- Assist in migration to Oracle Financials AP & AR modules in Release 12i from current version 10.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate policies & procedures and internal controls.
- Create new methods for efficiencies as applicable.
- Interact with internal departments, external clients, and coordinate with oversees subsidiary companies performing similar processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- At least 7+ years of work experience in cash management functions required
- Prior experience in managing staff required.
- Understanding of banking industry processes terminology.
- Understanding general ledger transactions.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience with Oracle accounting software preferred.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently.
- Seeks to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Adapts to new situations and changing work responsibilities.
- Functions as an effective team member and supervisor.
- Interacts and cooperates to assist others.
- Addresses issues and makes suitable suggestions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Phoenix American Inc, San Rafael , Finance Manager, Executive , San Rafael, California
here to apply!