Product Manager, SaaS Applications & Services for Data Protection.
Posted on: June 25, 2019
Join the rapidly growing Cloud Data Services team, delivering SaaS
Applications and Services for Data Protection, Governance &
Security in Hyperscaler environments such as AWS and Azure. As a
product manager, you will lead definition, development and
go-to-market strategies of highly available, reliable, scalable &
innovative SaaS products, such as, Data Management for Microsoft
Office 365, Salesforce.com, Google Suite, SaaS API Frameworks and
You will evaluate business opportunities to define and optimize the
product portfolio through analysis and understanding of data
protection market, SaaS market trends, cloud concepts, customer
business issues and requirements and the competitive environment.
The role entails the development and implementation of SaaS
applications with associated go-to-market strategies to respond to
constantly changing and competitive environments which may include
product differentiation, pricing strategies, and overall product
You will work with a distributed team consisting of Architects,
Engineering, Program Managers, Technical Marketing, Security and
Operations, and must also closely collaborate with Field Account
Teams, Cloud Services Field Teams, NetApp Marketing organization,
NetApp Channel Team, and multiple partners such as hyperscalers,
distributors and resellers.
- Develop the business case for investment in the product and new
feature development requests. Be responsible for the success of the
product in the market and track ARR, bookings, customer
satisfaction ratings and other key related metrics.
- Develop the product s go-to-market requirements and the roadmap,
and establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the
- Develop business plans and product positioning in the
marketplaces including pricing strategies, product specifications
(Product Requirements Documents), catalogs, sell-sheets, training
aids, web presence and promotional events.
- Develop marketing programs in collaboration with sales,
marketing, channel and other cross-functional teams to ensure
continuity in product offerings. Help create lead generation
programs to support sales growth, and develop, implement and
communicate product promotions. Provide on-going management of the
product marketing programs, contracts and agreements.
- Assess and communicate effectively the market conditions,
customer decision drivers and the product s competitive dynamics
when applied to complex architectural issues. Identify possible
mismatches between current directions and future market changes and
highlight general business indicators, including market share, and
competitor's marketing and sales program activities.
- Provide assistance to NetApp account teams and Channel Partners
in their response to customer issued written RFIs, RFPs and
- Establish self as a thought leader for the solutions that are
developed and managed, evangelizing the solution s roadmap/vision
as well as its value both internally and externally for NetApp by
contributing to industry articles, authoring blogs and white-papers
and presenting at conferences/NetApp Insight.
- Excellent understanding of NetApp's cloud data services portfolio
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is required; 12 to 15 years
of experience is preferred. MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager with 3+ years
specifically working on go-to-market strategy, plans with Channel
partners for cloud services market. Prior marketing experience in
the technology industry is critical.
- An excellent understanding of Hyperscalers, Ofice 365,
Salesforce, SaaS applications, cloud security and operations, cloud
business and pricing concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence,
qTest) in managing product requirements, user stories, delivery
scope and timelines.
- Enabling customer success, understanding market drivers and
requirements with a focus on solutions, with experience in
presenting to field teams, customers and industry forums.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications as well as
influencing skills; presentation, customer service, business, and
negotiation skills are important. Ability to build strong working
relationships across multiple levels of the organization, including
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work both
independently and lead cross-functional teams.
- A degree in electronic engineering, computer science or
mathematics with a business degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, San Rafael , Product Manager, SaaS Applications & Services for Data Protection., Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!