Staff Nurse II - Telemetry 24 Hour Evenings
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Staff Nurse (SN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes
responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a
designated time frame. The SN II provides care to patients via the
therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and
instrumentation, and other health care team members.Essential
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and
based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential
patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely,
accurate, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations
following established protocols, remaining calm, informing
appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a
designated patient population.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and Department of Nursing personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient
confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care
and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement
activities as directed.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights
and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates
flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates
flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse
and the ability to learn electronic medical record system
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check,
review, assign, organize and coordination) to LVN-s, Nurse
Attendants, unit assistants, etc., but does not have the authority
to hire, fire or discipline.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 months experience. See job duties for specific
experience requirements for specialty units.- MED/SURG/TELEMETRY -
Six months recent (within the last 3 years) experience in an acute
care setting. Training in chemotherapy, neurosurgery, telemetry or
other specialties may be required once hired. Basic Arrhythmia
recognition skills are required. Current ACLS certification
required within six months of hire.- SPECIALITY AREAS - If no
qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas
listed below. Candidates in training are required to obtain
appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and
completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student
clinical experience or Graduate of registered nursing and either 1)
2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a
licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation;
or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program
that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has
worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the
clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation
or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and
has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff,
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.PrimaryLocation :
California,San Rafael,San Rafael HospitalHoursPerWeek : 24Shift :
EveningWorkdays : Wk 1: Mon, Tue, Sat Wk 2: Sun, Mon,
FriWorkingHoursStart : 2:45 PMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:15 AMJob
Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : A10-NNU-California
Nurse's AssociationJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Nursing LicensedDepartment : 4 Med/Surg/ TeleTravel : NoKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
status.External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Rafael , Staff Nurse II - Telemetry 24 Hour Evenings, Healthcare , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!