Registered Dental Hygienist
Company: Marin Community Clinics
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Overview:All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to limited
exemptions. New Employees are required to provide proof of being
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the first day of employment.
Exemptions to this requirement will be considered for those
requesting an exemption on medical, disability, or religious
At Marin Community Clinics we are a "family helping other families
in the community" and we are always striving to be better for the
people and the community we serve. As a Federally Qualified Health
Center, we serve patients from all walks of life. No one is turned
away and charges are based on each individual's ability to pay.
Marin Community Clinics is looking for a Registered Dental
Hygienist to join our team.
The Registered Dental Hygienist supports MCC's Dental Clinics with
a wide range of duties, and supports the Dentists at all times and
focuses on delivering excellent customer service to our
Our mission informs our approach to your benefits program. Our
benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way
of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes
affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts
(HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing
Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness,
Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and
Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement,
Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes
Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays,
Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness
- Salary for this position is dependent on education, license,
certification and years of experience.
Evening and weekend shifts (4 hours) with direct patient contact,
include a 10% pay differential in addition to regular pay. Evening
differential is paid only for completed 4 hour shifts that begin
after 4:00pm.Responsibilities:Performs patient screening
procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of
the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck
inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Takes digital x-rays.
- Removes calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all
surfaces of the teeth.
- Applies preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and
- Educates patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to
maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and
- Counsels patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral
- Makes impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of
teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs).
- Performs documentation and office management activities.
- Assists the lead RDA with any of the RDA's allowable duties
- Assists the management team as-needed.
- Treats both the adult & pediatric population.
- Collaborates with the dental team with different functions in
addition to the dental hygiene duties, including but not limited
to, those of a dental assistant, (i.e. four-handed dentistry), and
other assiting tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Must hold an active California Registered Dental Hygienist
license and CPR.
- Strong communication ability verbally and written in
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Proficient in taking digital x-rays.
- Dexis or Dentrix software knowledge a plus.
- Proactive, self-motivated and ability to work in fast paced
dental clinic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented and willing to work in underserved community
- Willingness to perform RDA duties depending on operational
Keywords: Marin Community Clinics, San Rafael , Registered Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!