Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 21, 2022
General Purpose: Provides effective and efficient patient care
under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with
the patient's plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted
standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim
HealthCare policies and procedures.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited vocational school for LPN/LVN and
licensed to practice in the state in which employed. License is
active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN within the
last 12 months or participates in an office preceptor
- Recognize and report changes in the patient's condition to the
- Complete timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing patient's progress.
- Assist the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures
- Assist the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assist the client in learning appropriate self-care
- Able to perform CPR.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office from
assignment to assignment.
- Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to protected health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: -
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and auditorially observe the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
and scheduling needs.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read,
write, and verbally report clinical information to clients,
client's caregivers and family, and agency staff.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.Working Conditions &
Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in homes or at a facility.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist patients with standing, walking and
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or
palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, San Rafael , LPV/LVN, Healthcare , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!