RN OR (Pool) - Marin Specialty Surgery Center
Company: Surgery Care Affiliates
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 23, 2023
OverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty
care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and
communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in
health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for
patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a
national leader in surgical care, SCAs 11,000 teammates operate
more than 260 surgical facilities that serve over 1 million
patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit
www.scasurgery.com. Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance eligible on
Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan ResponsibilitiesWe are actively hiring
for an Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA .
- Assess p atient status throughout the perioperative episode of
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care by
- P rotecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous
objects and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal
- D emonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
following procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- P erforming accounting procedures to protect the patient from
unintended retained surgical items.
- S peak ing up with safety concerns acting as the patients
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- C ommunicating the patients current status to relevant parties
throughout the continuum of care.
- A dministering medications safely and correctly using the 8
rights of medication administration.
- P erforming interventions to maintain the patients wound and
tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or
returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate
- Providing nursing and appropriate monitoring in accordance with
policies and procedure s .
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical
- A ssessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated
- P roviding education regarding the expected psychosocial
response, nutritional management, medication management, pain
management, wound management, and expected responses to the
operative or invasive procedure.
- I nvolving the patient or designated support person actively in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
- P rotecting the patients rights, dignity, and privacy.
- P roviding age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice .
- Maintaining a fire safe environment.
- Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Evaluate the patients progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as applicable.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with
facility policies and procedures.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patients condition and response to
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions .
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Compl y with all SCA and facility policies and procedures when
providing patient care .
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
safety huddles .
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned . Qualifications
- Graduate of an a ccredited s chool of n ursing .
- O ne year of OR and/or medical / surgical nursing experience
- Current state nursing licensure to practice in good standings
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advance Life support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope of services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing is preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
Keywords: Surgery Care Affiliates, San Rafael , RN OR (Pool) - Marin Specialty Surgery Center, Healthcare , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!