Billing Specialist, OB/GYN Specialties, (San Rafael), Full Time, Days
Company: MarinHealth Medical Center
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: September 15, 2023
ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning
MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the
country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as
an independent hospital. As Marin County's only acute hospital and
a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care
services, it is our mission-and our passion-to excel in every
medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees
who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and
medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with
the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have
an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest
service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class,
personalized care to patients. Our Joint-Commission accredited
hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering
best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which
includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical,
dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work
program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also
promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on
your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not
limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded
retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave,
which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly
competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area!
Find your healing place at MarinHealth.
External hires are subject to a background check and pre-employment
medical screen . Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and
any other classifications protected by federal, state & local
Responsible for the coordination of full scope billing in the
obstetric/gynecology specialties. In conjunction. Ensures accurate
charge capture and management of the reconciliation process. Daily
review and working of revenue cycle work queues is essential.
Communicates with coding vendor regarding surgical procedures.
Trains support staff on appropriate billing procedures. Works with
Revenue Cycle Director and practice leadership on overall status of
outstanding billing for these specialties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Effectively uses application of "Current Procedural
Terminology" (CPT) coding system; interprets appropriately and
- Ensures clinical staff and providers submit proper and accurate
documentation for the services being provided.
- Serves as a liaison/resource for clinical and non-clinical
staff regarding revenue cycle processes.
- Responsible for completion of all claims and itemized bills
daily, with complete accuracy.
- Responsible for the daily review of appropriate reports from
Apex and reporting any discrepancies to the Practice Leader.
- Performs quality control functions on claims and itemized bills
to ensure overall accuracy to assure prompt and correct
- Fosters effective working relationships with external
organizations and agencies as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong focus on assigned tasks
and at all times being a strong team player.
- Ability to exercise initiative, decision-making, and problem
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy clinical
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in a
clear and positive manner both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written
instruction with attention to detail required.
- Ability to problem solve and monitor / track data, identify
trends and create solutions.
- Understanding of insurance payors, prior authorizations and
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, i.e. Microsoft
Office, Excel, Word. Licensure:
--- Coding specialist certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in medical billing.
- Experience in health care customer service.
- Experience with Apex/Epic preferred.
- Experience and current knowledge of ICD10CM, CPT, and HCPCS
coding methods. Coding experience a plus. Behavioral Standards:
We have adopted the following standards of behavior in addition to
the job responsibilities listed above so we can create and maintain
an optimal workplace environment. Your application for this
position assumes you agree with and can maintain the following
- Exceptional customer service
- Professionalism on the phone, in person, and with each
- Respectful communication with patients, vendors, volunteers,
- Effective teamwork
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- A positive attitude
- A good sense of humor and fun in the workplace
- Support of each other the patients and the practice
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our
employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth
requires employees to receive all required immunizations,
including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine
booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as
required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for
limited and specific situations.
Keywords: MarinHealth Medical Center, San Rafael , Billing Specialist, OB/GYN Specialties, (San Rafael), Full Time, Days, Healthcare , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!