Cook - Dietary Aide (AM Shift)
Company: Northgate PostAcute Care
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you inspired by helping people? So are we! If
you're looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the
opportunity for you!What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full Time, Part time, and
Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer
competitive market pay and opportunities for hourly bonus depending
on great work performance: available for direct care staff.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
insurance.Northgate PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility.
Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and
other health and social services on a24-hour basis, under physician
directed care and RN supervision.We focus on providing care for
patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring
services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or
skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis.
Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in
essential daily living.We service a multitude of patients and their
families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the
professional development of our staff, the functional improvement
of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within
our communities. What We're Looking For:We are seeking to hire a
self-motivated, efficient, responsible Dietary Aide - Cook to
prepare food items of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the
needs of our residents for the dining room. If you have a passion
for healthcare, this is the right opportunity for you!What You'll
- Read menus, recipes, and review all necessary steps in meal
preparation with the Dietary Services Manager.
- Help prepare all necessary menu items, determine quantity of
food needed and follow recipes.
- Serve meals using portions listed on menu; use proper food
preparation and handling techniques.
- Provide effective and courteous service to all residents,
guests, and coworkers.
- Prepare substitute items to meet resident's individual
- Cover, date and label all leftovers and store properly.
- Help receive and check all deliveries against invoices issued
by the Dietary Services Manager.
- Follow established security routine; use proper infection
control techniques and protective equipment; use proper safety
- Clean all food preparation equipment including; grills,
broilers, ovens, steamer tables, mixers, microwave ovens, toasters
- Conduct work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility
- Assist in the dining room and dish rooms, and other food
service areas as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What You'll Bring:
- 1 year of experience cooking and serving food in a fast paced
kitchen, dining hall, or healthcare setting required.
- Maintain a current California Food Handler's Card.Northgate
PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are
committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion,
veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived
disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider
qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the ordinance. To all recruitment agencies: We do
not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.INDLP1
Keywords: Northgate PostAcute Care, San Rafael , Cook - Dietary Aide (AM Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!