Certified Nursing Assistant Staffing
Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 12, 2022
General Purpose: -The Certified Nursing Assistant and Nurse Aide
is responsible for the tasks of personal care and incidental
activities of daily living for patients of all ages in inpatient
facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes and other institutions.
Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan
of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures
of the facility and allowed under state law/regulation. -Essential
- Provides for patient's personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort
needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos,
shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
use of personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and
assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion
- weight.specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and
and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine - Performs
patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring
and documenting intake treatments, sitz and therapeutic
baths.Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings,
surgical preps, ice packs, heat
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclos PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & -Experience
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of
Nursing Assistant course and Nurs
- Assistant certification as required by state in which
- A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed
RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for -employment as a Nurses
Aide as allowable under state law/regulation.
- One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification
and/or as required by contracted facility.Knowledge, Skills &
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the
State(s) in which employe
- Able to communicate with all levels of clinical and
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions; use vision
and hearing to observe the patient.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor function
necessary to assist in the operation of patient -care
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children and
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA) -Job Description
- ORCA/HR/Recruitment/Job Descriptions/Staffing/Certified Nursing
- (Rev. 8/15) Copyright 2015, Interim HealthCare Inc. Printed in
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care,
- Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals,
nursing homes, patient homes or -occupational settings.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens -and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
-safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex -and or non-latex gloves).
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach
and climb stairs.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, San Rafael , Certified Nursing Assistant Staffing, Human Resources , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!