Staffing Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Interim HealthCare
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 12, 2022
General Purpose:The Certified Nursing Assistant and Nurse Aide
is responsible for the tasks of personal care and incidental
activities of daily living for patients of all ages in inpatient
facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes and other institutions.
Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan
of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures
of the facility and allowed under state law/regulation. -Essential
- Provides for patient's personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort
needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos,
bed baths, tub baths or showers, -and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
use of personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and
assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to:
measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose
monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital
signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings,
surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned. -
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of
Nursing Assistant course and Nurse Assistant certification as
required by state in which employed.
- A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed
RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for employment as a Nurses Aide
as allowable under state law/regulation.
- One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification
and/or as required by contracted facility.Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities Required: -
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the
State(s) in which employed.
- Able to communicate with all levels of clinical and
non-clinical individuals. -
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions; use vision
and hearing to observe the patient.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor function
necessary to assist in the operation of patient care
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children and
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care,
as appropriate.Working Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals,
nursing homes, patient homes or occupational settings.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach
and climb stairs.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, San Rafael , Staffing Certified Nursing Assistant, Human Resources , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!