Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Explore a career at EAH Housing.Start or continue a career in
real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are
looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our
property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a
mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more
than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create
opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and
make a difference today.What we offer.We offer a comprehensive
benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability
and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5%
match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule,
and work schedule flexibility.We believe in work / life balance.15
days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of
service)10 paid sick days per year12 paid holidaysWe take care of
our employees.Competitive Salaries403b Retirement Plan with 5%
company matchGo 365 Wellness ProgramFree Employee Medical
InsuranceAffordable Dental & Vision InsuranceFlexible Spending
AccountEAP - Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services$1,500
Employee Referral ProgramEAH University, an in-house training
programThis position is for a full time Payroll Specialist to work
at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Under general supervision and
acting on own initiative, performs a wide variety of support and
administrative activities in payroll and benefits. Processes
biweekly payroll and prepares variety of reports relating to
payroll and benefits. Ensures compliance with all applicable state
and federal laws. Takes initiative ensure that all department
payroll data and record keeping is complete and accurate. Provides
excellent customer service to employees. Understands and supports
EAH's mission and core values.Company OverviewEstablished in 1968,
EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit
housing development and management organizations in the western
United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages
more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai'i, and
plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing
advocacy efforts.EAH Housing puts its core values into action every
day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87
municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits,
professional development, and invest in our employees through
extensive training programs. Please visit our website to learn more
about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in
everything we do.For immediate consideration please apply to
Requisition PAYRO002788 on our EAH Housing
website.ResponsibilitiesPayrollProduces accurate, timely bi-weekly
multi-state payroll for all employees (600+), including on-site
staff, using outsourced payroll service and electronic
- Reviews all timecard adjustment forms submitted by managers on
- Reviews and resolves any daily exceptions in timekeeping
software. Calls sites with any questions regarding time records.
Alerts managers to any unusual.
- Monitors and responds to emails sent to Payroll Support in
addition to own.
- Answers routine questions from employees and managers regarding
timekeeping software and troubleshoots.
- Reviews employee timecards to ensure they look sound to
process, including reviewing leaves of absence, enforcing correct
use of PTO, checking on terminated employees and checking for
employees who are not working scheduled.
- Processes terminations and generates final paychecks.
- Regularly reviews sick/vacation/comp accruals for accuracy, in
compliance with EAH policies.
- Prepares and maintains all payroll deductions (benefits,
garnishments, direct deposits) and ensures they are processed in
compliance with all outside entities.
- Reviews the payroll setup of the new hires in the payroll and
time and attendance systems.
- Trains managers and employees on use of time & attendance and
- Audits payroll figures before releasing for processing in order
to minimize errors.
- Creates and distributes weekly time & attendance discrepancy
- Assists with generating post payroll reports and distributes to
- Runs payroll/benefit reports as needed for management.Benefits
- Assists with monthly reconciliation of benefit invoices.
- Audits and uploads 403(b) contributions on a bi-weekly basis by
Friday of payroll week.Workers Comp/Leaves of Absence
- Reviews the timekeeping system for potential LOA cases.
Notifies the appropriate manager and Payroll Analyst to start the
- Coordinates with Payroll Analyst on existing LOA cases to
ensure proper payment of wages to the employee.
- Assists HR Manager with special projects.
- Attends all mandatory trainings.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Actively participates in safety program.
- Other duties as assigned. QualificationsAssociate's degree in
accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-5 years payroll experience. Experience with outsourced payroll
software as well as automated timekeeping software. Proficiency
with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)Desirable Additional
- Certified Payroll Professional designation (CPP)
- Experience with UKG Pro (Ultimate Software) and UKG Ready
(Kronos Workforce Ready)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, HR, or
relatedCriminal Background Check RequirementsEAH Housing conducts
criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a
conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you
will be required to submit and pass our criminal background
requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require
fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a
requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of
age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo
a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory
completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a
requirement of employment with EAH.COVID-19 VACCINATION
REQUIREMENTEAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the
time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and
provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be
made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held
religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations
can be requested after an offer has been extended.EAH Housing is an
AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 - HI
RB-16985Employment Type: Full TimeYears Experience: 1 - 3
Keywords: iHire, San Rafael , Payroll, Human Resources , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!