Architectural Technical Writer / Project Manager
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Architectural Technical Writer / Project ManagerLooking for
Architectural Technical Writer / Project Manger -Blanco
Architecture Inc is always looking for talented, motivated people
who are passionate about technical architecture. We are building
envelope consultants operating primarily in the San Francisco Bay
Area, although our work in Southern California and other areas is
constantly growing. Our office is in San Rafael, California. We are
not design architects, so please do not apply if you are interested
in design.We are looking for a full-time permanent, Architectural
Technical Writer / Project Manger. This position offers a hybrid or
in-house work environment with the possibility of a fully remote
position, but in-person site visits and other meetings are
required.The Architectural Technical Writer / Project Manger will
primarily be responsible for architectural technical writing and
documentation for multiple projects. Duties will also include
on-going communication with BAI staff, clients, architects,
consultants, contractors and -subcontractors. The Architectural
Technical Writer / Project Manger is also responsible for assisting
with construction administration during the construction phase,
including attending site visits to multiple projects and assisting
with drafting field reports and meeting minutes.This is a new
position for BAI, so applicant must be self-motivated and take the
initiative to assist in refining the position, capturing available
work, communicating with the staff and clients, and making the
position a success.Technical responsibilities will include but not
be limited to:
- Proposal writing, including attending preliminary meetings to
gather information about the project, as well as reviewing project
drawings and other documents, which are relevant and pertinent to
drafting the proposal.
- Attending internal and external project meetings (many on Zoom)
in order to take notes and produce meeting minutes, which are to be
distributed to the client project team as part of good project
documentation practices. -
- Coordinating with project team to obtain pertinent facts about
the project and translate them into written technical project
- Attending site visits in order to take notes and produce field
reports, which are to be distributed to the client and project team
as part of good project documentation practices.
- Assisting with improving and developing other technical writing
documents within the firm.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple
projects is critical, as the person in this position will be
assigned to assist multiple project managers with technical writing
needs for multiple projects.Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Architecture,
Engineering, Construction Management, or an associated field.
- 5-10 years experience in the industry.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of architecture and
- Experience producing architectural or engineering construction
drawings, knowledge of drafting standards and practices.
- Building envelope, roofing, waterproofing, renovation and
restoration expertise. -
- Technical architecture expertise.
- Must be very organized.
- Must be able to type and be a good note taker.
- Experience with formatting professional business documents,
strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and someone who is able to
translate technical information, descriptions, scope of work, etc.
into coherent well-composed, well-crafted, concise technical
- Must be able to take the initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Organized and energetic, professional and articulate, both in
writing and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Experience with Mac computers and word processing software is a
plus. (BAI is a Mac-based firm).
- Familiarity with professional standards of communication
including email and telephone etiquette.
- A valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and insurance.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds.
- Construction experience is a plus.Please send cover letter and
-resume in PDF format only to Aaron Hopkins,
firstname.lastname@example.org . Resume and cover letter are
required. Excellent written communication and technical report
writing are an important part of the position. Please address your
expertise with each bullet point listed. -Must be legally able to
work in the USA. This is an exempt position. Thank you! Connect
with us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest job
openings and images of work by Archinect's hiring employers...
Keywords: Archinect, San Rafael , Architectural Technical Writer / Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!