Laravel/PHP - Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Every day, the people of TSYS-- and Netspend-- improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere and for yourself we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Works throughout the software development life cycle and performs in a utility capacity to create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate applications with a broad understanding of a variety of languages and architectures. Analyzes existing applications or formulate logic for new applications, procedures, flowcharting, coding and debugging programs. Maintains and utilizes application and programming documents in the development of code. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Creates appropriate deliverables and develops application implementation plans throughout the life cycle in a flexible development environment.
What Part Will You Play?
- Develops basic to moderately complex code using front and / or back end programming languages within multiple platforms as needed in collaboration with business and technology teams for internal and external client software solutions. Designs, creates, and delivers routine to moderately complex program specifications for code development and support on multiple projects/issues with a wide understanding of the application / database to better align interactions and technologies.
- Analyzes, modifies, and develops moderately complex code/unit testing in order to develop concise application documentation. Performs testing and validation requirements for moderately complex code changes. Performs corrective measures for moderately complex code deficiencies and escalates alternative proposals.
- Provides support to leadership for the design, development and enforcement of business / infrastructure application standards to include associated controls, procedures and monitoring to ensure compliance and accuracy of data. Applies a full understanding of procedures, methodology and application standards to include Payment Card Industry (PCI) security compliance.
- Conducts and provides basic billable hours and resource estimates on initiatives, projects and issues.
- Assists with on-the-job training and provides guidance to other software engineers.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Typically minimum of 4 years - Professional Experience In Coding, Designing, Developing And Analyzing Data. Typically has an advanced knowledge of Laravel and PHP.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field or 6+ years professional Experience In Coding, Designing, Developing And Analyzing Data in a LAMP stack.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Back-end technologies Laravel/PHP
- Database - Design, familiarity with MySQL
- Web Frameworks Web technologies like Node.js, Angular
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!US Applicants:
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
Keywords: TSYS, San Rafael , Laravel/PHP - Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!