Company: Tyson & Mendes
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: November 24, 2018
TYSON & MENDES is looking for an EXPERIENCED LEGAL ASSISTANT to join our team of litigators. A successful candidate would already have worked in a fast-paced defense firm focused on civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on personal injury law and will be ready to hit the ground running.
- Assist attorneys with daily administrative tasks.
- Docket deadlines.
- Coordinate attorney travel arrangements.
- Format all pleadings and correspondence.
- Schedule depositions, hearings, conference calls.
- Assist with trial preparation.
- File documents in State and Federal Courts.
- Assist with document management and file organization.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a litigation legal assistant.
- Preferred insurance defense and/or personal injury experience.
- Solid understanding of civil litigation (state and federal calendar deadlines and rules).
- Experience with State/Federal court filings, One Legal and ECF filings.
- High proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision.
- Articulate, organized and a team player with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
It is the policy of Tyson & Mendes to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Keywords: Tyson & Mendes, San Rafael , Legal Assistant, Legal , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!