Company: Tyson & Mendes
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: March 5, 2019
If you would like to be part of a rapidly growing, successful litigation law firm that offers the opportunity for long term career development within a collaborative, supportive, and merit-based organization, then Tyson & Mendes may be the place for you! Want to be the best? Want to win? If your answers are yes, please read on. About the firm: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Our firm has truly revolutionized insurance defense, through our internal training program Tyson and Mendes University, where all attorneys, from the newest associate to senior partners learn and grow together to become highly successful and well-rounded attorneys - who win big cases! LONG-TERM CAREER GROWTH. Tyson & Mendes is one of the fastest growing and exciting law firms in the county, with eight rapidly growing branches in the United States and no plans of slowing down. If you are looking to join a firm with a true meritocracy where one can advance quickly based upon work quality, effort, and commitment, rather than the usual 5+ years to partnership, then Tyson & Mendes may be the place for you! DIVERSITY & INCLUSION. As a minority owned firm, Tyson & Mendes is committed to supporting all team members through various diversity and inclusion programs, such as the Women's Initiative and Young Professionals Initiative with more diversity programs on the horizon. Join a team that truly cares about all team members. TRANSPARENCY. Tyson & Mendes' leaders are open and accessible - and allow our attorneys to chart their own growth. If you are looking for a firm where every lawyer and team member can ask the Managing Partner any question during the twice monthly, one hour "Bagels with Bob" meetings, then Tyson & Mendes may be the place for you! SUCCESS. We are leaving a legacy and building the foremost firm in the Insurance Defense legal space. If you are looking for a position with a law firm that has won defense verdicts and other outstanding results against some of the top litigators in the country, and whose Managing Partner won a landmark California Supreme Court decision (Howell v. Hamilton Meats), then Tyson & Mendes may be the place for you! WINNING & FUN CULTURE. Litigation can be stressful, so we offer a host of social events throughout the year. Through our Charitable giving program, our team members have the opportunity to express themselves and spend time working toward causes they champion. Do you enjoy celebrating big wins, birthdays, charitable giving and a generally fun and team centric company culture? Tyson & Mendes is likely the firm for you. If this all appeals to you - and you believe "justice for all" applies to all citizens - then join the firm the plaintiffs' bar loves to hate. TYSON & MENDES is looking for an EXPERIENCED LITIGATION ASSOCIATE to join our team of litigators. A successful candidate would already have worked in a fast-paced defense firm focused on civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on personal injury law and will be ready to hit the ground running. This position is located in Los Angeles and/or San Diego but requires travel to several jurisdictions within California. A successful candidate is experienced defending civil litigation matters. The ideal candidate is ready to hit the ground running and has handled depositions and motion work. This position is not suitable for first or second year attorneys.
- Develop a case theme that is more compelling than any plaintiff ploy for sympathy or anger
- Refuse to accept mediocrity, the average, the standard or the norm in anything
- Ability to manage full case handling responsibilities, including all facets of discovery and trial
- Independently handle court appearances, depositions, briefs and trials
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Routine communications with clients
- Cultivate relationships with the firm's existing and future clients
- Provide leadership and direction with respect to less experienced attorneys Position Requirements:
- JD from an ABA approved school
- Must be licensed in California
- 1+ years of solid litigation experience, specifically with litigation support, deposition and trial preparation
- Experience handling insurance defense matters preferred
- Experience with time management systems
- Proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor It is the policy of Tyson & Mendes to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Keywords: Tyson & Mendes, San Rafael , Associate Attorney, Legal , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!