Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: October 19, 2020
OverviewThe Youth Counselor works as part of a team to support
children and their families, particularly foster and probation
youth. Youth Counselors work with youth in their environments,
building support systems, connecting them to resources, and helping
them with their behavioral and mental health goals. The primary
goal of our program is to provide children and families with
services that will increase safety, stability, and permanency.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally
marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health,
community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity
and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity,
innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI
Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice
Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically
relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on
our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click
- Assist the birth/foster parents in learning and mastering
skills that their child may need to maintain a safe environment and
- Provide behaviorally-focused mental health support services to
clients and their primary caregivers, biological families, and
- Plan and implement individual and group activities that
encourage the child's social and emotional development
- Provide crisis management and response to children's emotional
needs in a supportive and safe manner.
- Complete Medi-Cal/mental health notes, incident reports and
other necessary documentation
- Provide supervision for visits with birth family when
- Maintain a close and supportive relationship with the child's
educational placement that may include collaborating with school
administrators, in-classroom support to implement behavioral plans
that will help the child succeed academically, and tutorial
- Participate in family team meetings, treatment reviews, and IEP
meetings, in order to advocate for child's needs
- Drive to meet kids and families in the community within a 90
mile radius from home site.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Own vehicle, California Driver's License, and
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Bilingual abilities a plus!
- Prefer experience in working with children in residential care
and/or in the community
- Flexible schedule required with the ability to work some
evening hours as needed
- Competitive salary with an additional salary increase for
bilingual Spanish/English abilities upon passing a bilingual
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, San Rafael , Youth Counselor, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!