Senior Quality Control Specialist
Company: EO Products
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: February 22, 2021
EO Products is a company with one mission and two brands: to
create--healthy--personal care products that--nurture--the people
who use them,--respect--the people who make them, and--honor--the
planet we all share. We work hard to ensure our values come to life
in each bottle of EO-- and Everyone for Every Body-- products. We
have been family owned, operated, and independent since 1995. We
call Northern California home and manufacture our essential
oil-based products in-house at our certified organic factory and
HQ. You can find us at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Target, Walmart,
Amazon, and many other retailers throughout the US and in 11 other
countries. We're a certified B Corp, meaning we are a for-profit
business that operates like a nonprofit. B Lab recognizes EO
Products as a company that prioritizes people, planet, purpose, and
profit - in that order. We are a diverse and passionate team of
free-thinking, soap-loving individuals. SENIOR QUALITY CONTROL
SPECIALIST: We are looking for a passionate Senior QC
Specialist--to p rovide--support to the Quality Department by
overseeing, coordinating and evaluating day-to-day progress towards
QC department goals and deliverables. This position will
conduct--qualitative and quantitative quality related analysis to
measure past performance, gain insight and drive process
improvement. This person will also assist with compliance
activities for all certifications. RESPONSIBILITIES PROCEDURE
- Coordinate activities with QC Technicians and Inspectors;
provides QC support & monitoring as necessary.
- Maintain QC procedures, specifications, and testing methods for
raw material, bulk product, and finished good.
- Perform QC release testing on incoming raw materials,
in-process materials, compounding bulk, and finished goods.
- Investigate and compile data pertaining to documentation and
resolution of Complaints
- Deviations, NCMR's and CAPAs.
- Participate in multi-site QC projects in the role of
contributor, coordinator or lead.
- Enforce current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) throughout
- Responsible to ensure the cleanliness, organization, and safety
of the QC lab.
- Coordinate with service providers to ensure laboratory
instruments are properly maintained.
- Ensure lab supplies are adequately stocked.
- Perform and/or initiate microbiological and assay testing and
- Approve product lots for packaging and finished products for
- Perform Production line inspections and Compounding Batch
- Investigate and report quality issues to management and/or the
- Maintain SDS binder system.
- Perform other reasonable tasks and projects as directed by
- Tests, logs, and keeps retains of finished goods samples, bulk
samples and raw materials.
- Documents all pertinent information concerning rejected raw
materials and finished products. Quarantine all related
- Maintains equipment in good working order. Keep records of
maintenance and schedule regular calibration tests as
- Maintains logs and all related documentation according to the
SOP's and GDP's.
- Understands and supports the SWTC employee manual, and Standard
Operating Procedures.-- QUALIFICATIONS
- A college degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related
experience in Quality or Manufacturing field.
- 5+ years of related work experience in Quality or
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and
time-management. Positive proactive approach to drive
projects/tasks to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of cGMP principles, regulatory guidelines, and
- Cosmetic, food or related industry experience preferred We
offer a fun, casual place to work & grow, vacation, medical,
dental, 401k, profit sharing bonus and employee discounts. Our
company culture fosters responsibility, relationships, and
authenticity. EOE. What's your highest level of education
completed?* Desired salary* Are you located in the San Francisco
Bay Area?* Yes No
Keywords: EO Products, San Rafael , Senior Quality Control Specialist, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!