Who We Are
Since 1966, we have remained dedicated to the passionate pursuit
of truly distinctive quality in the cup, and everything it takes to
get there. We are committed to the artisan practice of
extraordinary selectivity, roasting by hand in small batches, and
ensuring that every bean is meticulously fresh. Simply put, our
core belief of uncompromising quality coffees and teas is the
inspiration that drives everything we do.
This inspiration is reflected in six Values that ground our
culture: Mastery, Authenticity, Passion, Community, Ownership and
Growth. These Values apply to all Peet's employees as part of the
leading, gold-standard coffee company: Peet's Coffee.
The Retail Associate is a store team member reporting to the
Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager and supporting Peet's
Mission by performing the Serve tenet of the Retail Operating
Philosophy (ROP). The Retail Associate provides superior customer
service by engaging with customers about products and promotions,
cleaning and organizing the store so it reflects Peet's brand, and
promptly preparing and serving coffees, teas, and beverages of
unequalled quality. The Retail Associate also accurately operates
point-of-sales terminals, maintains reliability in attendance, and
demonstrates team work and respect in accordance with Peet's
What You Will Do
What Does it take to be a Successful Barista?
In addition to modeling Peet's culture and values and following
policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
Delivers Engaging Customer Service
- Welcomes customers to store, engaging with them throughout
their store experience.
- Determines customer needs by asking questions and sharing
- Demonstrates that customers come first by serving them with a
sense of urgency.
Delivers Operational Excellence
- Provides consistent quality in the preparation of drinks and
brewing of coffee and tea.
- Participates actively in training to learn new and promotional
products. Continually works to expand product knowledge of coffee
- Maintains a clean and well-stocked store.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. Job responsibilities can change according to the
operational needs of the business.
Who You Are
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a
passion for great customer service, with a customer-first
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning
more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great
relationships with their coworkers.
- Be able to work quickly, embrace and learn new information,
multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Have the ability to perform various physical tasks during the
work shift. Click here to review the Physical Requirements for
What Benefits do Baristas Receive?
At Peet's we hire the best people and are committed to
supporting our employees and rewarding them for their work. That's
one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
- Within1-3 months as a Peet's Team Member you will have the
opportunity to become a certified Barista and receive a pay
- 401(k) plan, with generous matching (must be 18 years old to
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance to employees who work
21 or more hours per week (following completion of 500 hours of
- Paid vacation (accrual following completion of 500 hours of
- Flexible schedule
- Free coffee and fresh baked goods as well as an employee
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Our Commitment to the CommunityBeyond Coffee, Peetniks are
passionate supporters of our community and serving our local
communities doesn't stop at the counter. Peet's employees take
pride in supporting the neighborhoods where they live and work,
thorough holiday donation programs and supporting non-profits at
home and globally. We believe that Coffee thrives where people do.
We support the communities where our beans aregrown, lending hands
and knowledge to make life and coffee better.
Peet's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer For more
information about our craft and who we are please visit our
website. We look forward to hearing from you!
Restaurant | restaurant manager | manager | restaurant job |
restaurant employment | restaurant careers | restaurant management
jobs | restaurant manager jobs | Restaurant manager careers |
restaurant management job | restaurant management jobs | Restaurant
manager career | Full Service Restaurant | restaurant manager |
restaurant managers | cashiering | assistant manager | cash
handling | FOH manager | coffee | restaurant jobs | assistant
general manager | restaurant management | restaurant management
careers | restaurant management | manager | kitchen manager | full
service | assistant manager | casual full service | assistant
general manager |assistant restaurant manager | general manager |
managers | restaurant managers | restaurants | restaurant |casual
quick serve | catering | shift manager | QSR | quick serve |
Espresso| coffee | barista |