Senior Accountant, North America Controllership
Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide,
BioMarin's General and Administrative teams support our mission of
providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live
with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance,
legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and
information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful
impact on patients' lives.
This Sr. Accountant role is part of the North America
Controllership team responsible for the accounting for the Research
and Development Function.The successful candidate will be an
experienced accountant reporting to theSenior Manager, North
America Controllership. Candidate should be able to multi-task and
work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be
a strong collaborator and communicator as there will be a lot of
interaction with business partners. Attention to detail and good
analytical skills are essential to this role.
Main responsibilities include full responsibility of the
accounting for non-clinical trials R&D
- Partnering with Research and DevelopmentBusiness Partners and
F,P&A tounderstand activities which drive the US GAAP
- Provide guidance to the business and F,P&A on accounting to
include education, presentations and training.
- Responsible for thepreparation of monthly JEs' and account
reconciliations relating to the accounting areas for R&D, VAT,
Contingent Consideration, Milestone agreements and other accounting
- Lead and participate in process transformation and efficiencies
to include identifying and driving areas for streamlining and
- Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting and
drafting of memos where necessary.
- Completion of10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to
the External Reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and
propose improvements to support evolving accounting
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate inglobal Cross Functional Projects for North
- Minimum 5 years' experience in GL Accounting, preferably with
combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct
- Experience of monthly close activities in a deadline driven
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- A strong desire to learn and progress
- Someone who can work in their own initiative and a
Certified Public Accountant desirable and Bachelor's in
Accounting/Business Administration is required.
Business contacts, FP&A, Corporate Accounting, External
reporting, Internal and External Auditors and other BioMarin
No supervisor responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.