Multi Media Account Executive - Marin Independent Journal
Company: Media News Group
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Marin Independent Journal, a subsidiary of the Bay Area News
Group, is seeking a Multimedia Sales Representative to join the
team! Bay Area News Group is the largest media outlet in the bay
area. We have unique access to the Bay Area's highly-engaged,
affluent audience in print, mobile, desktop across our many premium
owned and operated websites as well as social channels which all
leverage our rich 1st party data. Our award winning journalism team
produces world class content across our dozens of platforms
attracting a wide audience. We continue to provide effective
advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our
advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising
solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level.
Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America's
6th largest market.
The Multimedia Sales Representative focuses on selling and
growing our print, digital, mobile, and social advertising
solutions, with a heavy concentration on print and growing new
digital initiatives. Candidates in this position will be
responsible for maintaining and growing existing revenue as well as
targeting new business on a monthly basis. A successful candidate
will establish and maintain long-term relationships with key
decision-makers, followed by a proactive approach in anticipating
client needs. This position will require you to be highly
proficient and professional in presenting to large groups of people
and be able to articulate our value proposition effectively.
- Work independently and make sound business decisions related to
achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each
day to discuss strategy, forecasting and other key issues.
- Strategically prospect for new accounts, conduct needs
assessments to determine customer needs, generate ideas and
proposals, present recommendations, close the sale and set client
- Analyze clients' advertising business objectives in order to
prepare creative solutions by using all appropriate products and
services to fit the advertisers' budget and campaign goals.
- Own the sales and retention cycle for each campaign working in
conjunction with the assigned support and operations teams.
- Meet with individual clients at appropriate frequencies
(weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) to review schedules, budgets and
create new strategies.
- Prepare and develop sales recommendations using our resources
by gathering appropriate statistics concerning market share,
demographics, market volume and various platform
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of product features and
benefits, rates, and packages and explain them in a way to match
recommendations to customer needs.
- Meet deadlines, create accurate advertising orders, and submit
client contracts and complete sales reporting in a timely
- Develop prospective leads using a variety of sources, including
digital, radio, TV and direct mail, attend local or category
business events for networking opportunities and stay up-to-date
with industry trends.
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies
to reach sales success.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma/GED
- 1+ years of retail, service, face-to-face sales experience
required. 2 years of outside sales experience preferred
- Experience in a media-advertising environment preferred
- Digital Marketing, Social Media and Mobile Advertising
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to
- Must be detail oriented and understand the consultative sales
- Strong customer relations, sales and effective communication
skills are necessary
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under the
pressure of deadlines and through interruptions is vital
- Excellent presentation and customer relationship skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Programs that include Facebook, SEO, SEM and Web Advertising is
This position may be permanent remote. This job operates in a
professional office environment and at the Company and client sites
for business meetings and presentations. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires
the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Media News Group, San Rafael , Multi Media Account Executive - Marin Independent Journal, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!