Scientist 2, Genetics Research and Delivery, Upstream - Production
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Scientist 2, Genetics Research and Delivery, Upstream -
Location San Rafael, California Apply
Looking for a highly motivated team member with extensive
process development and viral vector production experience to be a
key contributor in the Genetics Research and Delivery Group.
Incumbent will be responsible for production of biologics and viral
vectors in Baculovirus and 293 cells to support early research
stage projects and investigations of vector production process
- Provide leadership of and actively contribute to viral vector
production, upstream process development, and viral vector
- Participate hands-on in biologics and vector production and
- Collaborate closely with purification and analytics teams to
support research grade vector and biologics needs and novel
platform development efforts.
- Collaborate closely with multiple project teams to prosecute
hypotheses and develop novel gene therapies.
- Evaluate and implement (as needed) emerging technologies in
viral vector development and gene therapy.
- Collaborate closely with Process Sciences scientists to
transfer processes and vectors into clinical stage
- Ph.D. in cellular biology, molecular biology, developmental
biology, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, synthetic
biology, biochemistry, or related fields; and a minimum of 5 years'
relevant experience in viral vector production and purification,
preferably AAV, in mammalian and insect cell systems; or B.S./M.S.
with a minimum of 12 years' relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of mammalian cell culture, virology, molecular
biology, and vector and biologics production.
- Extensive hands-on experience in bioreactor platforms for
vector and protein production.
- Demonstrated excellence in the production of AAV in insect and
- Strong leadership skills and history of training and mentoring
junior scientists to create an effective and collaborative
- High proficiency in vector analytics and familiarity with GMP
manufacturing requirements for gene therapies.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and interpretation of
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external
collaborators across multiple project teams in a highly dynamic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly
of complex information and concepts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Biomarin, San Rafael , Scientist 2, Genetics Research and Delivery, Upstream - Production, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!