Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 6, 2021
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software
company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions.
Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career
"As part of our team, you will work closely with our clients on
customized projects to design, develop, and deploy
state-of-the-art, data-driven predictive models to solve business
problems using the latest technologies in data mining, statistical
modeling, pattern recognition, and performance inference."- VP,
What You'll Contribute
- Design and develop state-of-the-art, data-driven exploratory
analysis as well as predictive and decision models to solve
business problems across the financial services industry.
- Build and evaluate predictive and decision models to be
deployed in production systems, or for research. This includes the
analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining
suitability for modeling, data clean-up and filtering, pattern
identification and variable creation, selection of sampling
criteria and performance definition, and variable selection, and
experiments with different types of algorithms and models,
analyzing performance, to identify the best algorithms to
- Set priorities and manage projects of small to medium scope;
identify roadblocks and work to resolve them.
- Review project variances against deliverables; negotiate
necessary changes without committing to the impossible, and engage
in direct dialogue with client to achieve agreement on project
- Adapt to changing environments, resources, and project
- Establish appropriate model report format for communication
- Participate in pre-sales support and/or provide
post-implementation support which may require travel.
- Create, review, and deliver formal presentations of work to
- Participate in authoring white papers, proposals and
What We're Seeking
- BS degree in a statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer
science, physics, operations research field (MS preferred).
- Related experience in predictive modeling and data mining with
proficiency in analytic tools.
- Experience analyzing data in order to draw conclusions about
data integrity, accuracy, and general relationships.
- Experience with facilitating and giving presentations.
- Ability to anticipate, investigate and analyze database and
data processing problems to pinpoint cause of problems and
recommend possible solutions.
- Ability to use Python and its libraries to manipulate data for
purposes of model development and financial industry experience is
Our Offer to You
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core
values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the
Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique
- Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
- Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your
community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive
benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization
in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - Big Data
analytics. You'll play a part in our commitment to help businesses
use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in
artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and
prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate
- Credit Scoring - 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to
date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security - 2.6+ billion payment cards
globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending - 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO
- Anti-Money Laundering - our solutions check more than half a
billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as
Global trends toward digital transformation have created
tremendous demand for FICO's solutions, placing us among the
world's top 100 software companies by revenue. We support many of
the world's largest banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications
providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is dependent on really talented people - just like
you - who thrive on the collaboration and innovation that's
nurtured by a diverse and inclusive environment. We'll provide the
support you need, while ensuring you have the freedom to develop
your skills and grow your career. Join FICO and help change the way
Learn more about how you can fulfill your potential at
FICO values the benefit that diversity and a culture of
inclusion bring to our workplace. We are an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and we're proud to
offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants
without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: FICO, San Rafael , Analytics Consultant, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!