Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that
provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and
life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that
lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of
patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often
inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and
have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to
focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their
BioMarin's Research & Development group is responsible for
everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical
development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical
research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class
therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live
with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact
on patients' lives.
- Collaborate with cost center managers and vendors to prepare
and report accruals monthly and liaise with Finance to resolve any
- Track and report spend against budget to ensure spending is
within expected parameters. Notify purchase order (PO) holders when
remaining value drops below 20%.
- Support Regulatory functional teams with contract processing,
liaise with Legal department to resolve contract issues, and ensure
contracts are budgeted.
- Partner with Procurement to ensure purchase orders are issued
upon contract finalization and/or PO requests are completed
- Serve as first point of contact to support Regulatory
contracts, PO's, or invoice issues, and other Ad Hoc requests.
- Support preparation and planning of annual budget and quarterly
forecast for Regulatory Affairs department.
- Support research on monthly expense variances
- Other Ad Hoc projects
Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment
within generally defined practices and policies in selecting
methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Uses professional
concepts and company's policies and procedures to solve a wide
range of problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Advanced use of MS Excel is a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple deliverables
and can work independently
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills & initiative with
the ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
across functional teams
- Experience with SpringCM, or similar contracting software, or
proven ability to master new software/technology
- Experience adhering to standard operating procedures and
aptitude for identifying/recognizing non-compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and
verbal communication skills.
H.S. and 3+ related years experience or AA degree and 5+ years
related experience or BA degree and 0 - 2 years of experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Biomarin, San Rafael , Financial Analyst, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!