Banquet and Restaurant Prep Cook and Dishwasher - Peacock Gap
Company: Peacock Gap Golf Club
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rated "Best of the County" by Marin Magazine and located 25
miles north of San Francisco in the heart of Marin County, Peacock
Gap Golf Club has been a pillar of the golf community for decades.
The championship level course cultivates a true love for the game
with year-round tournaments and a full calendar of events that
unfold in an unparalleled setting. Enjoy gorgeous views of Marin
while playing on one of Californias best heritage courses.
Peacock Gap is looking for talented and motivated individual who
can grow with us and can deliver best-in-class customer service on
a scale not seen in the industry. If you are a high-performing,
outgoing, service-oriented individual looking for a chance to make
a difference, you belong at Peacock Gap. Peacock Gap Golf Club
offers an exciting and fulfilling career opportunity for those who
thrive in a fast-paced, energizing environment. We offer a
competitive compensation and benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life and long-term disability coverage. Our 401(k)
plan provides a generous company match of up to 4% of an employees
This position turns raw ingredients into cleaned, cooked,
portioned and blended stand alone items to be used in finished
dishes or combined with other preparations into sub and finished
recipes. Proper receipt of deliveries, cleaning, dishwashing,
trimming, cooking, blending and storage are essential to receive
maximum yield and profitability from the kitchen to the dining
YOUR FOCUS AND OUR FOCUS:
- To maximize revenue.
- To control expenses.
- To deliver excellent customer service.
- To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your facility and
- Prep cooks will need to be able to read and comprehend prep
sheets and kitchen supervisor instructions.
- For cooked preparations, it is essential that cooks can read
and comprehend written recipes. Cooks should be familiar with all
common cooking terms such as blanch, saut and sear as well as able
to measure or weigh ingredients when appropriate.
- Sanitation and Safety Procedures must be followed at all times
to protect against contaminants; proper cooling and storage are
- When transferring items from one container to another, the
proper tools, such as spatulas or tongs, must be used to minimize
product that is discarded.
- Prep cooks must be trained on all equipment before use and
operate safely thereafter.
- Since prep cooks also handle bulky, awkward or hot items, they
must also follow established procedures outlined in the Illness and
Injury Prevention guide.
- When in public view, cooks must be aware of public scrutiny at
all times and behave in a manner consistent with our expectations,
including wearing full uniforms and communicating at desirable tone
levels using appropriate language.
- Other duties as assigned, including dishwashing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy working with and interacting with the public and
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and
- Valid Food Handler Card required.
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment.
- Previous experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality
indsutry strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi task, grace under pressure, the ability to
establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities and
the ability to communicate clearly with customers.
- A sense of balance and physical coordination to handle multiple
plates and shifting weights as items are delivered.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Chosen employees will be team players and possess the ability
to work well with others.
- Bilingual a plus
Please visit our website at www.peacockgapgolfclub.com to learn
more about Peacock Gap.
Keywords: Peacock Gap Golf Club, San Rafael , Banquet and Restaurant Prep Cook and Dishwasher - Peacock Gap, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!