Lighting Artist (Real Time Environments)
Company: Ascendant Studios
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Ascendant Studios is looking for a lighting artist capable of
creating emotive and performant lighting scenarios for a realistic
title. Our ideal candidate will have had experience working in AAA
games or other real-time applications. While this role is focused
on environment lighting, some cutscene work may also be
This is a full time position. We are all currently working
remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may
either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully
- Light game environments for gameplay
- Work alongside art directors and tech artists to develop our
- Ensure that lighting throughout the game is performant across
consoles and PC.
- 3+ years of experience in games as a lighting artist, with a
focus on realistic lighting environments and PBR based
- Experience working with the team at every stage of the project,
from preproduction to release.
- Familiarity with visual effects and shader systems
- Understanding of color grading and other post process
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and
collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving
Good to Have
- Shipped at least one AAA title on modern consoles.
- Previous experience working with Unreal Engine 4 a huge
- Familiarity with Enlighten or other third party lighting
- Experience working with outsource partners.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ascendant Studios, San Rafael , Lighting Artist (Real Time Environments), Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!