Senior VFX Artist
Company: Ascendant Studios
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Ascendant Studios is in search of a Senior VFX Artist to help
develop industry leading visual effects for our brand new IP. Our
ideal applicant will have a wealth of experience creating top tier
effects. Previous experience with UE4 a big plus.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working
remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may
either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully
- Create visual effects that communicate the visual pillars of
- A critical eye and strong understanding of the FX systems and
real-time engine performance
- Find effective solutions to solve difficult problems in
- Implement creative optimization solutions without sacrificing
- Using cutting-edge effects techniques, create all types of
photorealistic, high quality effects for environments and dynamic
systems. Create new effect textures from scratch and, where
possible, improve on existing ones.
- Concept, prototype, present new effects, dynamic environments,
objects; partner with internal teams (artists, animators,
designers, and engineers) to ensure visual quality bar is met.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a VFX artist in the
video game industry
- Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max,
- Experience creating high-quality AAA real-time VFX and
understanding of modern-day real-time FX systems, engines and
- High proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals
like timing, shape language, color theory
Good to Have
- Shipped at least one recent AAA title as a VFX Artist.
- Experience with Houdini in a production environment.
- Experience in Unreal Engine VFX tools and Materials
- Experience working in several game development tools,
pipelines, and game engines
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ascendant Studios, San Rafael , Senior VFX Artist, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!