Compliance Inspector (IBEW) Lineman Line of Progression - Various Locations!
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Requisition ID# 72121Job Category : ComplianceJob Level :
Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Electric Operations Department
OverviewThe men and women of ElectricDistribution ensure the
delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
Electric Distributionis responsible for every aspect of PG&E's
electric distributionoperations, including planning, engineering,
maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning,
restoration and emergency response.Position SummaryAll Compliance
Inspector classifications and the associated line of progression
are represented by IBEW Local 1245.This position is a DOT
(Department of Transportation) covered classification and is
subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.We offer Sign-On
Bonus AND Relocation Packages for eligible candidates!!We are
hiring qualified Compliance Inspectorsto work throughout our
service territory in Distribution Operations.Open positions are
predominantly in Californias Central Coast, Bay Area, andNorthern
Region territories,however additional locations and classifications
could become available at any time based on changing business
needs.Compliance Inspectors conduct visual inspections of electric
poles and enclosures by driving and or walking the electric
distribution system to identify hazards that impact safety, company
liability and / or asset life, pursuant to General Order 165.
Various diagnostic tests are performed during detail inspections
such and infrared imaging, pole shell testing and conductor height
measurements. The individual will perform, repair work on poles and
substructures as required.Job Responsibilities
- Receives and reviews work assignments and routes; plans routes,
checks directions and locations; obtains vehicle safety
- Drives company vehicle on designated inspections route and /or
to offsite training. Fuels vehicle at designated fueling stations
- Inspects the condition of overhead and underground distribution
facilities which includes manholes and vaults which require ladder
climbing and an environment with tight spaces.
- Walks, climbs, bend, kneel, crawls or squats to access
structures and equipment.
- Lifts metal cabinet doors.
- Unlocks / re-locks gates, doors, enclosures and manholes, as
- Uses hand and power tools to open access panels, lift manhole
covers, remove or secure damaged equipment; remove broken parts or
debris; make minor repairs to gain access.
- Uses metal detectors to locate buried facilities; infrared
sensor to determine status of underground connections.
- Communicates in person, by phone and by radio with
supervisors/public officials, customers and other departments
regarding findings, identified problems, proposed solutions, and
estimated time frames and to gain access, as needed.
- Perform detailed paper work, documenting work performed, to
record site locations, findings, identified problems, proposed
solutions, and estimated time frames.
- Keep records for equipment repairs and replacements.
- Uses log sheets to write up maintenance tags and describe
findings in field for entry into database.
- Attends daily / regularly schedule tailboard meetings or
communicates with supervisor to learn safety guidelines / potential
hazards in compliance with Utility standard.
- Utilize hand held computers and Global positioning systems
- Use digital cameras to document field conditions.
- Perform journey level line work and minor repairs that can be
safely performed without help (e. g. remove low pole steps, repair
broken ground moldings, repair high voltage signs and other
PG&E identifiers on underground enclosures, remove / repair
bolts on lids and locking devices on pad mounted equipment).
- Work as part of a construction crew, as needed.
- Performs annual overhead and underground detailed line and
- Performs annual overhead and underground line and equipment
- Performs line maintenance repairs as required
- Produces auditable overhead and underground line patrol and
- Produces electric preventive corrective maintenance
- Produces auditable overhead and underground detailed line
- Completion of a federal or state sanctioned line worker
apprenticeship with approved supporting documentation (e.g. IBEW
Journeyman Lineman A Ticket) and/or union or union-affiliated
sponsored line worker apprenticeship
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Must have passed a California DMV medical exam by first day of
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work and drive in all types of weather and road
- Capable to work extended hours, nights, weekends and
- CA CDL Class A Permit, or equivalent, based on operational
- Effective team player with strong communication
skillsPre-Employment Testing:PG&E Employees: You must have
qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an
application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For
more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including
study guides, please visit thewebsite.
- Journeyman Lineman Knowledge Assessment (v.4) (JLKA)
- Journeyman Assessment for Line-Worker Progression (JALP)
- Post-Offer Phys Assessment Lineworkers (POPA)Compliance
Inspector (72121) #cmpins
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, San Rafael , Compliance Inspector (IBEW) Lineman Line of Progression - Various Locations!, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!