Senior Level Designer
Company: Ascendant Studios
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Ascendant Studios is looking for a passionate Senior Level
Designer to bring life to an original IP AAA action game. The
perfect candidate will have strong creative design and technical
implementation skills with a focus on level and combat design and a
strong eye for composition and visual aesthetic. A background in
AAA titles and experience working with UE4 is desired.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely
due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be
based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside other designers and artists to create engaging
gameplay spaces, encounters, and puzzles.
- Own the creation of levels from blockout through final art
process and completion.
- Design, prototype, and finalize fun and exciting level
- Collaborate and give feedback on other gameplay levels and
features, give and respond to constructive feedback, and
continually work to improve gameplay
- Help to establish and maintain best practices for metrics,
spatial flow, and interaction design
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional 3D level design experience, preferably
with at least one first person title.
- Expert at designing, implementing, and polishing balanced and
engaging first and/or third person combat experiences
- Experience and familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 for both level
layout and blueprints
- Deep understanding of combat and puzzles
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and
collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, great time
management and organization skills
- Experience with narrative driven design or quest writing
- Technical background with scripting or C++ programming
- Experience creating multiplayer maps
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ascendant Studios, San Rafael , Senior Level Designer, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!