Research Associate II
Company: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The mission of the Biology Research department at BioMarin is to
conduct preclinical research evaluating potential therapeutics for
severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. Our team in the
non-oncology hematology group uses state-of-the art equipment to
provide biochemical and molecular biology support to a variety of
pre-clinical projects.We are searching for a self-motivated
Research Associate with 4-8 years of hands-on laboratory
experience. The successful candidate will develop and use
biochemical assays to measure pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics,
immunogenicity and biomarkers of new therapeutics. Summary:The
Research Associate 2 will partner closely with a team of scientists
to provide technical assistance and support. The successful
candidate will contribute to 2-3 different pre-clinical research
projects to assess pharmacokinetics efficacy and mechanism of
action. Responsibilities include:
- Receive, organize and process animal tissue samples such as the
preparation of protein extracts and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Utilize molecular biology techniques including qPCR and ddPCR
- Optimize, troubleshoot and perform biochemical assays such as
ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot.
- Contribute to data analysis and present results in group
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Assist with lab organization as needed.SKILLS:
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in
protein/DNA/RNA purification and analytical assays such as PCR,
ELISA and Western Blot will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols and perform experiments
- Willingness to learn new molecular and biochemical
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to
detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a
fast-paced setting. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:Research Associate 2:
Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master's
degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Keywords: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., San Rafael , Research Associate II, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!