Dental Front Office Receptionist Bilingual
Company: Marin Community Clinics
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Apply here: Overview The Front Office Receptionist performs clerical and patient services tasks required for the greeting, registration, and processing of scheduled and unscheduled patients in the reception area. Making patients feel welcomed is a primary responsibility of the check-in receptionist. Positions requires Spanish speaking skills. Responsibilities Under general supervision, the Dental Front Office Receptionist's primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets, welcomes, and assists all patients entering the waiting room, processes those who have appointments, and notifies in advance each patient of expected wait times. While maintaining a professional demeanor, answers inquiries regarding general clinic information.
- Utilizing customer service skills, answers incoming calls and provides assistance, makes appointments, routes calls as appropriate, or provides information to the caller, as needed.
- Calls patients to confirm next-day appointments and performs needed cancellations or rescheduling based on patient contract.
- Processes walk-in requests for appointments according to established procedures.
- Provides alternative medical service information for new patients who cannot be seen due to scheduling constraints.
- Accurately enters and confirms billing and demographic data in Dentrix for all patients during check-in process, capturing vital demographic data and authorized signatures.
- Verifies timelines of arrival, collects new patient private pay deposits.
- Clearly documents on the superbill.
- Prepares charts and superbills for appointments for both new and established patients in advance.
- Handles patient payments and responsible for accurate reconciliation of receipts and charges.
- Maintains the patient waiting room in a clean and orderly condition during hours of clinic operation.
- Informs appropriate staff as needed for repairs or maintenance.
- Per protocols, schedules and maintains appointments in the Dentrix System including phone requests for appointments transferred from other employees and during patient discharge. While demonstrating excellent customer service skills, informs all patients being scheduled regarding payment obligations, documents needed, and clinic policies and procedures.
- Maintains control of daily superbill copies and turns them into the supervisor for reconciliation with Master Superbill Control Sheets.
- Calls patients to make follow-up appointments or mail out letters per providers request to follow-up.
- Transfers calls to internal extensions or pages overhead to locate the recipient of the call, and pages for staff as necessary. Qualifications
- High School diploma required.
- Spanish speaking skills required.
- Completion of college coursework preferred.
- Previous dental front office and/or clerical experience preferred. 1-2 year previous experience.
- Excellent customer service experience and ability to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Requires high level of initiative, attention to detail and the ability to follow-through on assignments independently to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing and varied tasks and manage the flow of work successfully.
- Ability to prioritize assignments/patients as needed.
- Ability to represent the Clinic in as very professional manner to the public and within the organization well with individuals at all levels of authority.
- Ability to handle personnel issues with confidentiality, tact and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to perform according to standard business practices including postal electronic mailing, faxing and filing.
- Excellent, professional interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Immediate and advance knowledge of computers and Windows environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products including; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Word processing skills at a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Competency in using the Internet. Marin Community Clinics has provided compassionate and affordable health care to uninsured and low-income residents of Marin County for more than 40 years. We have grown from humble beginnings where volunteer physicians and nurses saw patients in church basements, to a 21st century provider with modern facilities, highly expert paid physicians and nurses, the latest technology, and sophisticated diagnostic, treatment and prevention programs. Today, we see more than 35,000 patients every year in four medical clinics and two dental clinics spread throughout Marin County. Marin Community Clinics provides a full range of primary health care as well as dentistry, behavioral health, OB/GYN, optometry, and other specialty services. As the largest community health center in the County, we play a major role in the community's health care network, serving patients with insurance as well as those who are ineligible for insurance coverage. Specialties Primary Care - Family/Internal Medicine, Dentistry, Behavioral Health, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Optometry, Referrals Website Industry Health, Wellness and Fitness Type Non Profit Headquarters Administrative Office 1177 E. Francisco Blvd., Buite B San Rafael, CA 94901 United States Company Size 201-500 employees Founded 1972
Keywords: Marin Community Clinics, San Rafael , Dental Front Office Receptionist Bilingual, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!